LOCATION: Dallas/Fort Worth (TX) – Multi-Site
The Vice President of Hospice is tasked with providing strong leadership for the company by working with the board and other executives to establish short and long-term goals, risk mitigation plans and growth strategies. One key responsibility will be to develop relationships with referral sources, including securing contracts with local facilities and hospital groups. They will be responsible for presiding over the entire hospice workforce (with clinical dotted line reporting) and they will manage budgets and make sure resources are allocated properly. Additionally, the Vice President is tasked with coordination of the sales team; focusing on delivering key growth performance goals. The Vice President will report directly to the President.
- Responsible for the growth and profitability of the company to achieve superior investor returns
- Sets corporate strategy and manages execution of projects to support that strategy.
- Establishes key relationships and partnerships with referral sources and other partners.
- Builds an effective, engaged, results achieving sales team. This includes enacting a platform that both encourages retention, growth, and maximizes census growth.
- Supervises hospice employees.
- Assists the Director of Nursing with management of the nursing department.
- Assists in interviewing applicants and recommends hiring of staff and scheduling.
- Participates in orientation and in-service education training when necessary.
- Participates in performance reviews and personnel files for staff.
- Develops and monitors realistic and accurate budgets and forecasts. Ensures that the business is meeting performance goals; optimizes financial performance and operational productivity.
- Ensures compliance audits are conducted at all locations and all regulations are followed
- Successfully integrates new acquisitions; optimizing back office synergies when necessary
- Weekly and Monthly meetings with the Company Board reviewing KPI’s, results, and strategy
- Travel Time (within DFW only): up to 50%
- B.S. Degree
- 7+ years of hospice/home health management and business development experience
- Self-motivated, adaptable, flexible and possesses a desire to learn and a passion to succeed.
- Positive attitude while working effectively and efficiently with high quality assurance and success measurements.
- Competence to take complex business issues or initiatives and apply creative problem solving or strategies for timely implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and managing at strategic and operational levels
- Strong project and people management skills
- Creates trust and maintains a work environment where people are committed to the organization’s goals and success.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, physicians, and teammates to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.