LOCATION: Coos County (OR)
Great opportunity to join a committed team of doctors, nurses, skilled technicians, and support staff in a hospital whose very important mission is to improve the health of the Coos County community every day. This 120+ bed acute care, Joint Commission accredited regional hospital located on the beautiful southern Oregon coast, is seeking a full time Sterile Processing Supervisor to join their team. Enjoy an excellent benefits package and competitive wages, along with great work-life balance!
As Sterile Processing Supervisor, this position is responsible for the supervision and overall operations of hospital central processing (sterile processing) functions, including staffing and scheduling and of all major Central Services (CS) components (e.g., processing, distribution, decontamination and sterilization)
Skills & Abilities:
- Exercises good judgment, demonstrates effective critical thinking skills
- Flexible, able to prioritize and address multiple responsibilities concurrently
- Works effectively under stress and frequently changing job requirements/situations
- Ability to read, write legibly, and converse in the English language
- Flexible, able to prioritize and adapt to rapidly changing patient and unit needs
- Demonstrates effective teaching skills
- Proficient in use of basic computer functions, including internet and word processing
- Proficiently operates all equipment in central sterile
- Maintains regular, consistent and punctual attendance at the assigned job location
- Ability to cover weekend call shifts
- Ability to identify, disassemble, decontaminate, reassemble and sort all instrumentation and instrument trays used in the operating room
- Knowledge of surgical procedures and instrumentation needed on specific cases
- Ability to follow surgery schedule to assure scopes, instruments, and supplies are available as needed
- Understands care and handling of scopes and special procedure instruments
- Knowledge of proper use, handling and disposal of hazardous materials used in area and associated good safety practices
- Understands storage and rotation of sterile supplies
- Ability to use instrument washer, autoclaves, sterilizers, and ultrasonic cleaning machines appropriately
- Familiar with computer documentation
- Ability to maintain accurate records and documentation
- CRCST certification required or must be obtained within 12 months
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) or must be obtained by the last day of the month after the 60-day grace period
- High School or equivalent preferred
- Five (5) years’ hospital-based sterile processing experience to include two years supervisory capacity
- Two (2) years’ previous experience in all aspects of employee training & development, performance evaluation, coaching and disciplinary action
- Minimum of 6 months healthcare supply experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and job skills required.
- Able to stand, climb, stoop, bend frequently; positions require considerable physical activity
- May be required to lift up to 75 pounds
- Requires ability to tolerate exposure to conditions which may include toxic chemicals, bio-hazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, heights, high temperatures or confined spaces
- Able to use proper body mechanics to lift supplies and equipment and push carts and dollies weighing up to 500 lbs
- Must use standard precautions due to threat of exposure to blood and body fluids
- Needs adequate color vision. Must wear protective clothing as required.
- May be required to travel to various locations
- Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone
Live on the beautiful southern Oregon coast that offers an extraordinary quality of life, attracting many future residents and businesses to the area with an abundance of outdoor recreational activities, a world-class golf resort, educational opportunities and state of the art medical facilities. With the ocean just a few miles away, the Bay, and abundant coastal rivers and forests, you can enjoy great fishing and other great water activities.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.