LOCATION: Baltimore (MD)
This is a one (1) year contract with potential for extension. Schedule: 40 hours (Saturday – Tuesday, 8:30pm – 7am)
In this role, the successful candidate will function as a CT Technologist in performing examinations of patients of all ages for the purpose of assisting in the diagnosis of patient illness. Also will serve as a training resource.
- Performs CT diagnostic imaging procedures on appropriate anatomical regions according to department procedures and protocols
- Locating and recording internal elements of the body, and identifying any anomalies indicative of disease, injury, or other medically significant conditions
- Adjusting equipment and calming patient to eliminate test artifacts
- Monitoring the patient for potentially dangerous physical and emotional changes
- Evaluating test results for clarity and accuracy
- Reviewing tests with peers and physician
- Informing physicians of preliminary findings as requested according to department procedures
- Distributing completed test results to physicians and service providers
- Preparing diagnostic information for physician interpretation
- Maintaining patient charts, entering diagnosis and billing codes, logging data into patient information systems, and updating file systems for tests performed
- Cleaning and sterilizing equipment and work space
- Recognizing equipment malfunctions and readjusting equipment or writing referrals for repair
- Instructing patients in pretest preparation, answering questions, and explaining procedures
- Compliance with Client, hospital and departmental policies and procedures
- Maintaining equipment according to Infection Control procedure
- Maintains technical competency through continued education and participation in Client training programs
- Under guidance and approval of site Radiologist, administers contrast agents according to site-specific protocols
- Maintains current Permits to Practice in all states in which services are performed
- Performs equipment quality checks and troubleshoots problems. Calls for service and notifies all pertinent team members
- Follows quality assurance guidelines and maintains patient confidentiality
- Performs additional duties as required
- Clinical Radiographer background with a minimum of two (2) years CT clinical experience required
- Client CT equipment experience, specifically Definition Drive, Flash and Force
- Stroke/Neuro Perfusion experience
- Emergency room/trauma experience
- CTA experience
- Valid ARRT license, registered in CT
- Maryland state radiography license (can accept other state license with MD license pending)
- Cardiac/Coronary CTA experience
- VIA experience a plus
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal needed
- Interact with client personnel and team members in an autonomous responsible, professional and ethical manner
- Must be flexible, reliable and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.