LOCATION: San Francisco Bay Area (CA)
Exceptional opportunity to join a health system consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the number one hospital in California – and among the top six in the country. This Health System is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. This is the place to best use your skills and talents as it offers the ideal atmosphere in an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth with a multitude of services provided from basic lab test to complex multi-organ transplants. With this, comes extreme learning opportunities in medical technology advancement and the billing regulations for the variety of services and treatments provided to its patients. At the same time, enjoy an impressive array of health and welfare benefits, as well as programs for a secure retirement.
The Unit Director in this 66-bed Adult Hematology/Oncology/Blood and Marrow Transplant (BMT) Unit, a fast-paced, highly specialized unit, is involved in ensuring optimal patient outcomes through effective leadership and/or provision of patient care delivery in assigned nursing unit(s) or area(s). Promotes environment for a shared voice in nursing practice and exchange of ideas to continually improve nursing and patient care outcomes. Accountable for the quality, safety, and cost-effectiveness of patient care. Consults and collaborates with other health care professionals to coordinate the management of patient care. Serves as a resource to staff, physicians, students and others.
The Unit Director will design and oversee nursing and administrative operations in large and / or multiple patient care areas, accountable for the overall administrative planning and coordination of the staffing, fiscal and material resources and assists with the development and implementation of new programs and policies.
- A minimum of three (3) years of nursing management experience in an acute care Oncology Unit in an academic medical center or highly matrixed organization (not rural hospital)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Master’s Degree in Nursing required
- Active Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California required
- Active American Heart Association CPR Certification
- Strong hospital management experience, with progressive and in-depth expertise in patient care services
- Knowledge of hospital/clinic operations in a hospital or medical center setting; knowledge of appropriate professional standards for the department and team
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills to foster and promote an environment for effective communication and collaborative decision making across multiple units and disciplines
- Excellent leadership, fiscal and operations management skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with physicians, management and staff from all disciplines. Ability to create and maintain a goal-oriented climate of teamwork, collaboration and consistent achievement of objectives
- Strong knowledge of relevant healthcare information technology and patient care workflows and processes
- Strong knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, as well as related legislative, accreditation, licensing and compliance environments
- Prior experience in a union environment
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or relevant area
- ANCC RN specialty certification in Nurse Executive or Nurse Executive-Advanced
- Prior fiscal responsibilities managing a budget in the millions
- Nurse Manager or Unit director experience in a hospital setting
- Current leadership experience in an Inpatient Oncology Unit (not outpatient services)
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.