LOCATION: Montgomery County (PA)
Join a thriving and growing regional integrated hospital system in Southeastern Pennsylvania with a rich history of providing high-quality, cost effective comprehensive acute care, post-acute rehabilitation, behavioral health, and occupational services, with a strong commitment to advancing health and transforming lives in the surrounding communities. Offering leading-edge compassionate health care and wellness services with a comprehensive physician network, this not-for-profit health system employs over 11,000 caring and highly trained team members throughout their six hospitals, including a Level 1 Trauma Center accredited hospital, Magnet® designation, HIMSS Stage 7, and many other accolades. Collaboration across the health system enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices throughout each hospital in our integrated hospital system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology.
Seeking an experienced RNFA to be a valued member of a collaborative team committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction and work in one of their subsidiary acute care hospitals located in Montgomery County, PA! This 200+ bed acute care hospital, with 1,150 healthcare professionals strong, offers an extensive range of services, including inpatient and outpatient, medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, diagnostic, and emergency care, as well as primary care, family practice, and pediatric offices.
As RN First Assist, this position assists surgeons working independently and under their direction. Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Preoperative skin preparation
- Positioning the patient
- Draping the patient
- Providing homeostasis
- Providing exposure
- Properly handling tissue
- Properly using instruments
- Suturing, cleaning surgical area and application of dressings
- Other duties as requested by the surgeon that fall within the scope of licensure.
RNFA, under physician supervision, performs the following functions.
- Performs preoperative patient assessments
- Performs discharge summary dictation and is the contact point among in-house and community referral physicians, patients and their family members, and surgeons
- Performs surgical preparatory procedures (e.g., foley catheter insertion)
- Assists in transporting the patient postoperatively
- Communicates information to the post anesthesia care unit (PACU)
WHAT LANDS YOU THIS ROLE:
- Graduate of an Approved School of Nursing
- Successful completion of a peri-operative course/Nurse First Assistant Program
- CNOR (preferred)
- Must have more than one (1+) year of Operating Room nursing experience
- Currently licensed in the state of Pennsylvania
- Valid Healthcare Provider CPR required
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.