LOCATION: Chester County (PA)
Join a thriving and growing regional integrated hospital system in Southeastern Pennsylvania with a rich history of providing high-quality, cost effective comprehensive acute care, post-acute rehabilitation, behavioral health, and occupational services, with a strong commitment to advancing health and transforming lives in the surrounding communities. Offering leading-edge compassionate health care and wellness services with a comprehensive physician network, this not-for-profit health system employs over 11,000 caring and highly trained team members throughout their six hospitals, including a Level 1 Trauma Center accredited hospital, Magnet® designation, HIMSS Stage 7, and many other accolades.
Here’s a great opportunity to be a valued member of a collaborative team committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction and work in one of their acute care hospitals! Located in Chester County, this acute care hospital is seeking an experienced RN First Assist (RNFA) to join their team and assist surgeons working interdependently and under their direction. Functions include, but are not limited to: Preoperative skin preparation, positioning the patient, draping the patient, providing homeostasis, providing exposure, properly handling tissue, properly using instruments, suturing, cleaning surgical area and application of dressings, and other duties as requested by the surgeon that fall within the scope of licensure.
The RNFA, under physician supervision, performs the following functions:
- Performs preoperative patient assessments, performs discharge summary dictation and is the contact point among in-house and community referral physicians, patients and their family members, and surgeons.
- Performs surgical preparatory procedures (e.g., foley catheter insertion).
- Assists in transporting the patient postoperatively, communicates information to the postanesthesia care unit (PACU).
- Graduate of an School of Professional Nursing
- CNOR certification
- Graduate of an RNFA program accepted by the Certification Board Perioperative Nursing. RNFAs are encouraged to sit for the CRNFA examination once they have met requirements for examination.
- More than one (1+) year of Clinical experience preferred
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in good standing for the state of Pennsylvania required
- AHA BLS required
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.