LOCATION: Chester County (PA)
Great opportunity to join a 144 bed hospital facility that provides comprehensive medical services through emergency room visits, inpatient admissions, outpatient procedures and community outreach programs. The Hospital’s services include an award-winning cardiovascular program, a fully accredited cancer center, NAPBC-accredited breast health center, an acute inpatient rehabilitation center, and a large robotic surgery center. The Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and has been recognized for its quality outcomes and clinical expertise across services lines that include joint replacement surgery, advanced heart failure care, and the designation as a Primary Stroke Center.
The Perioperative Services Department consists of the Operating Room, Endoscopy, Short Procedure Unit, PACU, PAT, Centralized Scheduling and Sterile Processing. The OR consists of 7 rooms and the specialties include general, OB/GYN, urology, plastics and cosmetic reconstruction, ortho- including total joint and hands, neuro, robotics, endo-vascular/vascular surgeries and open heart.
1) 1 (12) hour day position (7AM to 7PM)
2) 1 (8) hour day position (7AM to 3:30)
- Assists surgeons working interdependently and under their direction.
- Functions include, but are not limited to: Preoperative skin preparation, positioning the patient, draping the patient, providing homeostasis, providing exposure, properly handling tissue, properly using instruments, suturing, cleaning surgical area and application of dressings, and other duties as requested by the surgeon that fall within the scope of licensure.
- RNFA under physician supervision performs the following functions. Performs surgical preparatory procedures (eg foley catheter insertion).
- Assists in transporting the patient postoperatively, communicates information to the post-anesthesia care unit. (PACU). Taking call is included with this position.
- Scrubbing and circulating the above specialties may occur when needed.
- Other duties include maintaining proper aseptic technique and infection control measures, picking cases, and maintaining supplies.
- Two or more (2+) years of OR RNFA experience – Robotics, Vascular, Orthopedic, Neuro specialty experience preferred
- Interest and Participation in Shared Governance/ Magnet Journey preferred.
- Knowledge of EPIC preferred, but not required.
- On call hours are approximately one weeknight, 11pm -7am/ week and one weekend every 6 weeks, holidays are rotated. Candidate must reside within 45 minutes of Chester County
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- 2 year/Associate Degree, or BSN (preferred)
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience as RNFA
- CNOR Certification required
- PA Registered Nurse License
- BLS Certification
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.