LOCATION: Ada County (ID)
Great opportunity to join Idaho’s largest employer and most awarded health system with hospital facilities located around central and southern Idaho with an outstanding reputation as both a quality employer and a superior healthcare organization. The hospital is a locally owned and operated, not-for-profit health system with a strong and talented medical staff of over 1800 physicians and advanced practice providers. The hospital is proud to deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and is looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence. If you’re looking for a place where you can grow in your personal life, in your career, and in your community, this may be just the place for you. Join a team where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and hospital-supported on-going training and education. Picture yourself here!
As the Perinatal Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS). this position applies advanced nursing knowledge and specialized expertise and experience in the promotion of quality nursing care specifically focused around Perinatal. This position will report to the Director of Nursing Practice in the Center of Excellence for Nursing and Patient Care Services.
The Center for Nursing Excellence is committed to Evidence Based Practice, system collaboration in sustainment and pursuit of Magnet designation, original research, innovation, and professional development of your nursing career at the bedside and beyond. The hospital partners with nurses to provide assistance with certification, mentorship, advanced education, EBP projects, research and manuscript publishing.
- Conducts comprehensive nursing practice assessments using known or innovative evidence-based techniques, tools, and direct and indirect methods
- Provides consultation to staff nurses, medical staff and interdisciplinary colleagues. Provides leadership in maintaining a supportive and healthy work environment
- Facilitates the provision of clinically competent care by staff/team through education, role modeling, teambuilding, and quality monitoring
- Performs system level assessments to identify variables that influence nursing practice and outcomes. Recommends nursing practice and system interventions that will promote patient, family and community safety
- Uses effective strategies for changing clinician and team behavior to encourage adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery
- Facilitates interdisciplinary teams to address ethical concerns, risks or considerations, benefits and outcomes of patient care
- Provides leadership in promoting interdisciplinary collaboration to implement outcome-focused patient care programs meeting the clinical needs of patients, families, populations and communities
- Fosters an interdisciplinary approach to quality improvement, evidence-based practice, research, and translation of research into practice
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Masters’ of Nursing Degree with Clinical Nurse Specialist focus
- Five (5) years’ of Perinatal CNS experience required
- Adult Gerontology Certification required
- APRN license required
- Current RN licensure from State of Idaho
- Advanced Practice RN licensure from State of Practice
- Current BLS-CPR Certification
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.