LOCATION: Hidalgo County (TX)
Great opportunity to join a multi-hospital system serving patients throughout the Rio Grande Valley, with an integrated system of nationally recognized facilities that include five acute care facilities, six freestanding ERs, family medicine, behavioral health facility, specialty physicians practices, and comprehensive outpatient services. The Health System focuses on clearly defined goals that bring exemplary patient care and is looking for exceptional people who share these same values.
The RN is responsible for managing patients admitted or being seen for medical conditions or surgical procedures; performs the primary function of a professional nurse leader in assessing, planning, guiding, and evaluating nursing care provided to patients. The RN provides safe, competent nursing care for patients in accordance with facility policies, standards, and philosophy. Provides professional leadership and support to the healthcare team. The concepts of Patient Centered Care will provide the foundation for all nursing care. Assessments related to specific conditions, therapies and interventions are required. The RN shall oversee and guide nursing employees that are under their supervision. Responsible for interaction with hospital staff and/or ancillary departments regarding patient care, concerns, and conflicts with identification and assistance in resolutions. May be occasions when it will be necessary to work weekends, holidays, evenings, nights, and/or on-call/call-back status. Demonstrates Service Excellence standards at all times.
- Prefer one (1) year full time or three (3) years of part time experience in acute care setting
- Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to the Company’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
- Registered Nurse currently licensed in the State of Texas, or part of a compact state license, or has a valid temporary RN license for the State of Texas while waiting to receive the permanent license. BSN preferred.
- Effective January 6, 2012, must possess an Associate Degree, Baccalaureate Degree or Diploma from a School of Nursing or University. New graduate RN’s in possession of a permit to practice in the State of Texas may provide documentation from their RN program validating their completion of nursing program requirements.
- Must have and maintain BLS/CPR – must be current upon hire and thereafter
- Must have and maintain current certifications, according to unit specific needs. Certification must be in accordance with the curriculum of the AHA, for Healthcare Provider’s Program (for any and all certifications applicable through the AHA program) – please check all that apply
- ACLS – required in unit, nurse with a year or less of experience – obtain within 12 months of hire. If hired with a current certification, must keep current at all times.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.