LOCATION: Metropolitan Phoenix (AZ)
Great opportunity to join an award winning Arizona healthcare system, operating an array of hospitals, specialty institutes, a medical group, health plans and related services in the metropolitan Phoenix area. The healthcare system is dedicated to providing expert, compassionate care for families in the Valley of the Sun. This position will be based in a 130+ bed full service acute care community-based hospital providing excellent comprehensive medical care with specialized services that include an accredited chest pain center, wound care and hyperbaric (high pressure) medicine, advanced orthopedics featuring navigational technology and sports medicine, expanded rehabilitation services, enhanced diagnostic imaging, and dedicated women’s programs.
As RN/Market Director, this position will have department administrative and market lead responsibility. Establishes and enforces policies, procedures, standards and objectives. Directs and supervises staff as well as workflow. Provides education and support to medical staff, hospital staff and Governing Board around Quality, Patient Safety and Risk initiatives. Facilitates performance improvement activities and CQI activities throughout the hospital. Acts as resource person to administrative teams across the Market, local Hospital leadership, department managers and medical staff. Supports clinical risk management functions. Maintains oversight of infection control activities and monitors outcomes to care related to infection control indicators. Assists department managers with preparation for medical staff committees. Oversight responsibility for all regulatory body surveys, i.e., JCAHO, State Licensing Review, HCFA (CMS) Validation surveys. Maintains oversight responsibility for all performance improvement activities conducted throughout the institution. Position is responsible for approving timekeeping, employee evaluation, meeting applicable regulatory standards, approving supply orders and department strategic planning. Supports the coordination of medical staff peer review.
WHAT LANDS YOU THIS ROLE:
- Bachelors degree in Nursing required; MSN or MHA or related health services field preferred
- Five (5) years of Director Level experience in nursing and Clinical Quality Improvement in an acute care hospital. Highly prefer Director level who has overseen multiple sites
- Previous experience in performance improvement activities preferred
- Current Arizona Registered Nurse licensure
- CPHQ preferred
- Ability to develop and analyze quality/performance data to identify trends, develop action plans, and implement program modification for change
- Ability to manage day to day operations of quality, case management, infection control and medical staff peer reviews
- Must have a good understanding of regulatory standards/requirements
- Able to manage the department budget and develop cost containment strategies to operate the department
- Able to travel within the Phoenix area to other facilities required
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.