LOCATION: Whatcom County (WA)
Join a not-for-profit faith-based health system with a mission-driven environment committed to delivering compassionate care and exceptional medicine to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. Be a part of approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. Enjoy a competitive compensation with a robust benefits package and a collaborative, mission-driven work environment dedicated to compassionate care and excellent medicine.
- Demonstrate compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse practice to provide individualized, safe and efficient care to patients with an interdisciplinary team and provide assistance to families and visitors.
- Responsible for 24-hour day-to-day operations of unit: supervision of personnel; staff performance and patient outcomes; staff procurement and retention; regulatory compliance; and patient care. Evaluate work performance and conduct annual performance assessments. Delegate and coordinate responsibility for completion of departmental projects, tasks, and activities.
- Assist with the implementation of strategic initiatives for the department and identifies, assesses, and responds to issues and problems which affect ability to meet goals/objectives.
- Manage staffing levels required to provide optimum patient care within the limits of available resources.
- Assure quality of care by aligning assigned unit (s) with the hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care; carry out adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measure health outcomes against standards; make or recommend adjustments.
- Deliver financial results for area (s) of accountability.
- Maintain a collaborative and cooperative working relationship with other departments and divisions; facilitating operational, quality, performance and change initiative implementation.
- May perform patient care duties.
- Develop and support clinical excellence, environment of care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree from an accredited school of nursing is required upon hire
- Minimum of two (2) years of leadership experience required
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience is required
- Work experience which demonstrates progressive leadership responsibility i.e. in Charge Nurse or supervisory role
- Demonstrate competence in area of expertise
- Financial and budgetary knowledge and experience
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing
- Certification in clinical area and membership in related professional organization preferred
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire
- ACLS may be required
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in use of computer including MS Office applications
- Ability to manage complex operations and diverse personnel
- Ability to effectively collaborate with interdisciplinary teams
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time)
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.