LOCATION: Maricopa County (AZ)
Enjoy up to a $15,000 bonus with this great opportunity to join a 180+ bed acute care hospital serving the healthcare needs of the residents of the southwest Valley since September 2003. The hospital has been recognized for high standards of quality and safe patient care by being named a recipient of the Women’s Choice Award as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Emergency Care. They are also accredited by The Joint Commission and are a Joint Commission-designated Primary Stroke Center and accredited Chest Pain Center. As a state designated Level 1 Trauma Center, the hospital serves the critically injured patients in the Western Region of Arizona and has achieved a grade A for Leap Frog. The hospital continues to enhance service lines which already include comprehensive orthopedics, neurosurgery, plastics, hand, cardiovascular with open-heart surgery, obstetrics, women’s health, wound care with hyperbaric treatment and therapy as well as 24-hour emergency plus trauma care.
Seeking a talented Manager or Director of Cath Lab (RN or Tech) to join the West Valley team and be responsible for the oversight and management of the day-to-day operations of the department. Works with both, staff and patients to promote a healthy and safe work environment. Enforces evidence-based policies, procedures and standards of care. Supervises staff; assists in selection of personnel for hire; performance management, and makes recommendations on discipline and termination. Responsible for executing strategic initiatives including but not limited to scheduling of cases, supplies and equipment, case turn over, intra-departmental handoffs or patient discharge process. Other related duties as assigned.
Must have Leadership experience in Cath Lab as an RN or TECH. Will be overseeing the Cath Lab department only. Manager or Director level need only apply.
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing and/or accredited school of Radiology and/or school of Cardiovascular Technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in Cardiac Cath Lab
- Must have leadership experience as a Manager or Director in the Cath Lab as an RN or Tech
- Experience building the department and a strong team
- RNs must be licensed to practice in the state of Arizona, AART, ACVT or RCIS
- BLS, ACLS to be obtained within 6 months of hire date or transfer to position
- Ability to effectively communicate. Good verbal and written communication skills necessary to understand oral and written instructions stated in radiological and medical terms and to exchange information with patients and staff.
Why You’ll Enjoy Working Here:
- Great campus and location in the Southwest Valley.
- One of the fastest growing counties in the nation
- Large growing area in Phoenix with affordable new housing.
- Trauma 1 Center
- Mecca for outdoor enthusiasts with lots of local hiking areas; 2 hours from ski resort in the high country
- San Diego (CA) is only 6 hours away and the beach and Mexico only 4 hours away
- Great sunny and warm weather
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.