LOCATION: Chester County (PA)
Join a thriving and growing regional integrated hospital system in Southeastern Pennsylvania with a rich history of providing high-quality, cost effective comprehensive acute care, post-acute rehabilitation, behavioral health, and occupational services, with a strong commitment to advancing health and transforming lives in the surrounding communities. Offering leading-edge compassionate health care and wellness services with a comprehensive physician network, this not-for-profit health system employs over 11,000 caring and highly trained team members throughout their six hospitals, including a Level 1 Trauma Center accredited hospital, Magnet® designation, HIMSS Stage 7, and many other accolades. Collaboration across the health system enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices throughout each hospital in our integrated hospital system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology.
In one of its hospitals located in Chester County, this small 140 licensed bed hospital with a high level acuity is seeking an experienced Interventional Radiology Nurse to join their team in a very family, friendly type of environment.
- Able to work and concentrate in an environment with multiple simultaneous stimuli such as phone, computers, monitor alarms. Must be able to hear equipment auditory sounds and alarms. Must be able to visualize computer screens, digital displays and monitor tracings.
- Judicious use of materials and supplies in the provision of direct and indirect patient care. Prevention of damage, misuse or loss of equipment in the provision of direct patient care.
- Must be proficient in the operation of clinical equipment/machines and computers found in patient care setting.
- Duties are performed in patient care areas, in this position will be in the Interventional Radiology department. The potential for contacting patients with contagious disease is moderate to high. Also, there is moderate to high risk of exposure to serious environmental (e.g. physical, chemical, biological and emotional) hazards.
- Hours of Work: As determined by unit staffing patterns and patient care requirements. Variable hours of work during the day.
- 4/10 hour shifts per week
- Must be willing to be trained in PICC line insertions
- Call Commitment
- Work under the direction of the IR RN coordinator who will ensure Interventional Radiology and general radiology follow appropriate nursing policies and procedure as it pertains to the Imaging Dept.
- Must be able to assess the needs of the patient within the interventional procedural area to ensure high quality patient care.
- Will collaborate with the interventional radiology supervisor, technologists, physicians in efforts that both scopes of practice (nursing and technology) work as a team in providing high, quality, patient care.
- More than two (2+) years of experience required
- Associate’s Degree
- Active Pennsylvania RN license
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.