LOCATION: Lane County (OR)
Located south of Portland only minutes away from the University of Oregon, this state-of-the-art tertiary care medical center has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced ICU Nurse to join their team and work a full time night shift (1900-0730) position. The ICU RN provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team. Management of ventriculostomy, EVD, and ICP. Nursing care of patients with non-traumatic ICH, non-traumatic SAH, seizures. Nursing care of patients post tPA, thrombectomy, aneurysm coiling, carotid artery stenting and intra-cranial stenting. Management of blood pressure abnormalities with parenteral vasoactive agents. Completion of complex neurological assessments/scales.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current Oregon RN license required by date of hire or ability to obtain
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program preferred
- CCRN preferred
- Minimum of 18 months of continuous experience working on an Intensive Care unit within an acute care facility within the last 3 years
- Must function independently with more advanced treatments, procedures and equipment such as stable ventilated patients, central lines, and arterial pressure lines
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
- ACLS, TNCC, and NIHSS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire as specified in the Hospital Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
Work and live in Oregon’s third largest metro area boasting cultural amenities typical of much bigger cities, lots of outdoor activities, and a short drive to the Pacific Ocean to the west, the Cascade Mountain to the east, and Central Oregon’s playground. Experience the great combination of living near the city while taking in the fresh air and plush greenery of the Pacific Northwest.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.