LOCATION: Cumberland County (NC)
Enjoy up to a $5,000 sign on bonus with this great opportunity to join an industry-leading national provider of in-home health services providing a high quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. From home health and hospice care to long term acute care and community-based services, they are the preferred post-acute care partner of more than 60 leading hospitals and health systems, physicians, and families nationwide. As noted by independent analysts, the company consistently outperforms the industry in the percentage of their locations rating 4 stars or more! With over 750 home health and hospice locations nationwide, the company is experiencing extreme growth and is looking for another member to join their team and help improve the well being of patients and families they serve! This unique opportunity may be your next rewarding career move!
As Hospice RN, this full time position assumes full nursing responsibility for the delivery of the Plan of Care for each hospice patient. Continuously evaluates personal and professional performance and makes necessary changes to increase productivity and quality of care delivered. Adheres to and supports the policies/procedures/goals/objectives of hospice in an attempt to assure quality patient care. Strives for independence and sound critical decision-making regarding the delivery of patient care in a cost-effective manner without compromising quality. Develops the patient’s Plan of care in collaboration with other professionals and implements treatment strategies based on scientific nursing theory that promotes physical, psychosocial, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times. Familiar with the concepts and needs of patients/families who are facing death and dying issues. Effective communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Makes the initial nursing evaluation in determining eligibility for hospice services during visit within forty-eight (48) hours of referral.
- Identifies the patient’s/family’s physical, psychosocial and environmental needs and re-assesses as needed, no less than every fifteen (15) days.
- Initiates and coordinates the plan of care. Documents problems, appropriate goals, interventions and patient/family response to hospice care. Collaborates with the patient/family, attending physician and other members of the IDG in providing patient and family care on a daily basis.
- Instructs and supervises the patient/family in self-care techniques when appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding the patient’s condition. Reports patient condition and any identified needs/issues to Administrator on a daily basis.
- Supervises and evaluates the home health aides/homemaker’s ability to perform assigned duties every 14 days. Performs supervisory aide visits to the patient’s residence every 14 days to assess whether goals are being met.
- Performs supervisory visits with the aide present per state regulations.
- Participates in the Company training and completes all required hospice assigned modules on-line on a monthly basis.
- Participates in daily nursing report on patients to Administrator and provides all necessary documentation.
- Performs 60 or 90 day record review (recertification’s) as appropriate. Follows processes and regulations for admissions and recertification of hospice patients and reviews findings with Administrator.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Group Meeting (IDG) regarding patient care every 14 days.
- Participates in the QAPI plan and process on a daily basis identifying any problems to Administrator.
- Compliance with procedures and processes of ordering/obtaining medications ordered by the physician and included in the patient’s Plan of care from Hospice Pharmacia. Assures compliance when possible of medication regime within the specified formulary.
- Maintains up-to-date personnel file.
- Performs LPN Supervisory visits as assigned by Administrator and in accordance with state regulations.
- May fill-in as Alternate if Administrator is unavailable.
- Functions as a preceptor to new hires.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Adheres to and participates in the Care Management process.
- Must have at least one (1) year of clinical/hospice agency experience
- Associate’s degree
- Current RN license in the state of North Carolina
- Current CPR certification
- Current driver’s license, valid vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.