LOCATION: Berks County (PA)
Enjoy up to a $10,000 sign on bonus with this great opportunity to be a valued member of a collaborative team committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction and work in one of their subsidiary acute care hospitals located in Berks County! The facility is part of a thriving and growing regional integrated hospital system in Southeastern Pennsylvania with a rich history of providing high-quality, cost effective comprehensive acute care, post-acute rehabilitation, behavioral health, and occupational services, with a strong commitment to advancing health and transforming lives in the surrounding communities.
Under the general supervision of the Home Health Clinical Manager, the Home Health RN provides professional nursing services to individuals in their home through a process of nursing assessment, planning, care and evaluation in accordance with physicians’ orders, the established plan of care, the patient’s diagnosis, corporate policy and procedures and the Nurse Practice Act. Carries primary case management functions for assigned patients.
Performs initial assessment visit to develop Plan of Care that includes realistic and measurable age-appropriate patient goals in collaboration with the patient, family, and members of the health care team. Additional responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Performs a complete health assessment.
- Implements and evaluates the interventions identified in the Plan of Care and updates and revises, as necessary.
- Assesses the physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and environmental needs of the patient and family and develops goals and Plans of Care.
- Reassesses health care needs on each subsequent visit and modifies the Plan of Care with any change in patient condition.
- Advocates for clients in obtaining needed services.
- Discharges the patient, when appropriate, notifying the physician and manager. Instructs the patient and/or family how to access any necessary follow-up.
- Develops a written Plan of Care in accordance with the patient’s diagnosis and family needs, physician orders, and the Corporation’s policies and procedures. Coordinates the development of the Plan of Care with other disciplines providing care for the patient.
- Observes, evaluates, and reports to physician any changes that would suggest a need to alter the Plan of Care.
This is an evening shift with flexible hours: 1pm-9pm or 2pm – 10pm; does not have to be a 3pm-11pm
- Pennsylvania RN license
- More than one (1+) year of Home Health experience
- Associate’s degree
- Valid PA driver’s license and car insurance
- Local resident of Berks County
Berks County maintains a perfect blend of urban, rural, and suburban settings. The community offers diverse outdoor and cultural activities, outstanding schools, sporting attractions, social amenities, and quality of life with easy accessibility to shore points, airports, and metro areas such as Philadelphia, New York City, Baltimore, and Washington, DC.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.