LOCATION: Carroll County (AR)
Enjoy up to a $7,500 sign on bonus with this great opportunity to join an industry-leading national provider of in-home health services providing a high quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. From home health and hospice care to long term acute care and community-based services, they are the preferred post-acute care partner of more than 60 leading hospitals and health systems, physicians, and families nationwide. As noted by independent analysts, the company consistently outperforms the industry in the percentage of their locations rating 4 stars or more! With over 750 home health and hospice locations nationwide, the company is experiencing extreme growth and is looking for another member to join their team and help improve the well being of patients and families they serve! This unique opportunity may be your next rewarding career move!
In one of its branches located in Carroll County (AR), this post acute care provider is seeking a Home Health RN with experience in OASIS assessments to join their team. In this full time position, the Home Health RN provides and directs provisions of nursing care to patients in their homes as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and agency policies. Also, the Home Health RN coordinates total plan of care with other health care professionals involved in care, and helps to achieve and maintain continuity of patient care by planning and exchanging information with physician, agency personnel, patient, family, and community resources. All done within a Point of Care setting.
The Home Health RN:
- Provides clinical services within the scope of practice, as defined by the state laws governing the practice of nursing, in accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the health care team.
- Makes the initial and|or comprehensive nursing evaluation visit, determines primary focus of care, develops the plan of care within State specific guidelines, and submits accurate, complete, and timely documentation, per policy.
- Regularly evaluates and re-evaluates (as warranted by changes in condition but at least every 60 days) the patient’s nursing needs.
- Performs patient comprehensive assessments at designated time points and develops the appropriate POC, in collaboration with physician orders.
- Ensures patients meet home health eligibility and medical necessity guidelines as defined by payer source.
- Initiates, develops, implements and makes necessary revisions to the plan of care in collaboration with the physician and other health care professional’s involved in care.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines, as indicated by patient’s assessed need.
- Responds to outcome coordinator|coder and Patient Care Manager requests for clarification to OASIS assessments on the same day that the request for more information is sent.
- Plots patient encounters for the episode and determines needed RN encounters based on patient’s needs and regulations.
- Instructs and supervises the patient’s family|caregiver in the care of the patient and maintenance of a healthy environment for the patient.
- Actively participates in weekly case conferences.
- Maintains a current and accurate patient medication profile.
- After start of care (SOC) assessment, reports the status of the patient, assessed needs, and plan of care overview to the team leader on same day (or by next business day if after hours).
- Observes, records and reports to the physician and/or team leader the patient’s signs and symptoms, response to treatment and changes in the patient’s condition, as appropriate. Ensures adequate Team Leader (TL) communication when physician follow-up is needed.
- Communicates changes in visit assignments, dates of scheduled visits, and schedule changes to scheduler and Patient Care Manger to ensure patient needs are met.
- Communicates timely and effectively with agency personnel and ordering physician as required to process orders and OASIS data sets, schedule home visits, and deliver services to patient as ordered by physician and in accordance with applicable laws and regulation.
- Facilitates hand-off communication to RN and PCM who will cover patients in their absence, prior to scheduled days off.
- Performs regular and supervisory visits according to the plan of care and submits complete visit notes within 24 hours of completion visit.
- Directly and/or indirectly supervises care provided by the home health aides and licensed practical vocational nurses, provides instruction as appropriate, and assigns tasks according to State and federal regulations.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Adheres to and participates in the agency’s Episode Management process.
- Assists in the orientation of new agency personnel as assigned.
- Completes Company required learning courses, additional assignments per DON request, as well as any state specific required
training per state regulation|practice act requirements.
- Participates in the performance improvement plan and process to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Must have more than one (1+) year of skilled/certified Home Health experience with a solid knowledge of OASIS assessments
- Current RN licensure in state of Arkansas
- Associate’s degree
- Current CPR certification required
- Current Driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.