LOCATION: Central Coast (CA)
Enjoy up to a $30,000 sign on bonus with this great opportunity to join a health care system renowned as an innovative leader with a network spanning over 70 acute care hospitals and more than 170 outpatient centers nationwide with more than 100,000 professionals committed to providing high quality care to patients in the communities they serve. Be a part of a team delivering the perfect combination of excellent patient care with compassion and at the same time, enjoy working for an organization that offers a culture of respect and collaboration attracting some of the best physicians, skilled nurses, and compassionate caregivers, along with extensive resources, comprehensive educational programs, real advancement potential, and a spirit of inclusion and teamwork!
One of its hospitals located in the Central Coast is seeking an experienced Surgery RN to join their team in their 160+ hospital bed facility. The hospital puts advanced technology into the hands of experienced medical specialists to deliver quality healthcare to Central Coast residents and visitors. Its distinct, high-level services include neurosurgery, orthopedics, obstetrics, perinatology (high-risk pregnancy), neonatology (high-risk newborn care), pediatrics and trauma. The hospital houses the largest Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in the county and serves as the county’s designated trauma center. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and has been serving the community since 1959. It offers competitive salaries and benefits, including a matching 401(k), several health and dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
The RN First Assistant (RNFA) assists the surgeon in the first assistant role, as defined by the privileges established through Medical Staff Office/credentialing process, as an Allied Health professional. The RNFA can act only as the RNFA, not a scrub or circulating RN, during a surgical procedure, concurrently.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of previous full time experience in the operating room
- Successful completion of an RNFA course (see credentialing by Medical Staff bylaws/privileges)
- CA RN license and BLS certification required
- High school or equivalent, Associates Degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certifications: (1) PALS, (2) CNOR
- Communication is an essential skill requiring the ability to see, hear, and speak
- Must be able to assist the surgeon, in the first assistant role, in the Operating Room
- Analytical and grammatical skills are necessary to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills are essential
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Must be able to fulfill the essential functions of the position
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.