LOCATION: Montgomery County (PA)
Enjoy up to a $5,000 sign on bonus with this great opportunity to join an industry-leading national provider of in-home health services providing a high quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. From home health and hospice care to long term acute care and community-based services, they are the preferred post-acute care partner of more than 60 leading hospitals and health systems, physicians, and families nationwide. As noted by independent analysts, the company consistently outperforms the industry in the percentage of their locations rating 4 stars or more! With over 750 home health and hospice locations nationwide, the company is experiencing extreme growth and is looking for another member to join their team and help improve the well being of patients and families they serve! This unique opportunity may be your next rewarding career move!
The Hospice Registered Nurse Executive Director supervises all aspects of patient care, all activities of professional staff and allied health personnel, regulatory requirements compliance, financial performance, and quality assurance performance improvement activities for agency. The Executive Director or alternate will be available on site during business hours and additionally, if needed.
- Responsible for compliance with all regulations, laws, policies and procedures, that are applicable to hospice and Medicare/Medicaid issues when applicable on a daily basis.
- Ensures that hospice employs qualified individuals (for all staff members) and accepts responsibility for daily agency operations.
- Immediately available (or has Alternate Designee) to be on-site during business hours or immediately available by telephone when off-site conducting agency business, available after hours as needed.
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the agency and acts as the driver for the Care Management Process. The Executive Director or designee RN, such as a Patient Care Manager, will receive daily report on patients from staff. This process also includes review of patient care paperwork, referral information, recertification processes, discharge information, and event reporting, etc. on a daily basis.
- Acts as liaison between staff, patients and Hospice Management Team & Governing Board on a daily basis.
- Ensures that all payer sources are coded/assigned correctly for appropriate billing to take place. Ensures that all services are billed as provided and supervises staff regarding billing issues on a daily basis.
- Ensures adequate staffing through recruitment for agency as well as adequate staff education and evaluations on daily or as needed basis.
- Reviews monthly financials relative to all aspects of the operation to assure that quality patient care is delivered in the most cost-effective manner.
- Participates in the QAPI planning and processes, reporting, and improvement action plans as indicated. This includes chart audits, patient satisfaction, financials, contracts, patient/family complaints, etc. and appropriate follow-up. Patient/family complaints require immediate follow-up. Conducted on a daily basis.
- Supervises all patient care activities to assure compliance with current standards of accepted nursing and medical practice and regulatory standards on a constant basis.
- Assists the agency in the implementation of a supply/drug formulary to ensure that services are utilized in the most cost effective manner on a daily basis. Review medications purchased to ensure relevant hospice relation on a daily basis.
- Maintains personnel files monthly, completes required courses through Connect and attends in-services when applicable.
- Must be a licensed physician, licensed nurse practitioner, licensed registered nurse, or licensed social worker with at least one (1) year of full time experience in a hospice, home health, or oncology setting
- Must have operations and clinical experience managing a hospice agency
- Minimum of Associate’s degree
- Current CPR certification required for Executive Directors providing clinical supervision
- Current Driver’s License and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.