LOCATION: Spokane County (WA)
Enjoy up to a $7,500 sign on bonus and join an industry-leading national provider of in-home health services providing a high quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. From home health and hospice care to long term acute care and community-based services, they are the preferred post-acute care partner of more than 60 leading hospitals and health systems, physicians, and families nationwide. As noted by independent analysts, the company consistently outperforms the industry in the percentage of their locations rating 4 stars or more! With over 750 home health and hospice locations nationwide, the company is experiencing extreme growth and is looking for another member to join their team and help improve the well being of patients and families they serve! This unique opportunity may be your next rewarding career move!
One of its branches located in the Seattle metropolitan area is seeking an experienced RN Executive Director to join their team in supporting and encouraging clients to drive their own health care. Come and be a part of a team providing patient centric care and where you are valued and will feel that you’re making a difference in the lives of the seniors in the community.
As Executive Director, this position serves as the Administrator and is responsible for the administration of the day to day operations of the home care provider. This includes: coordinating and completing assigned projects to effectively support the immediate and long range objectives of the company, responsible for eligibility and admission of the client and supervision of care provided, implementing and maintaining administrative practices, agency philosophy, goals, and policies which assure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations and enhancing the profitability of the agency. Providing motivation and retention of a qualified staff and assure the quality of services delivered, this position also acts as a liaison with management staff and other departments throughout the company.
The Really Great Things You’ll Be Doing:
- Responsible for continual compliance with all federal and state regulations, laws, and policies and procedures applicable to Home Health. Maintains personal knowledge of up-to-date federal, state, and Joint Commission regulations.
- Employs qualified individuals and accepts responsibility for daily agency operations of the whole provider.
- Ensures that the Clinical Director is available during all operating hours or directly provides coverage for those duties.
- Must be immediately available to be on-site during business hours, or immediately available by telephone when off site conducting agency business, including but not limited to community presentations, conferences, and meeting with physicians. Available after hours as needed.
- Responsible for directing day to day operations of the provider.
- Supervises all patient care activities to ensure the delivery of safe, economical, and efficient patient care, which adheres to relevant standards of accepted nursing and medical practice, to include federal and state regulations, and Joint Commission standards, as well as to ensure compliance with payer source criteria.
- Assists in policy review and revisions as requested to establish and support the highest possible quality of patient care, cost controls, quality assurance, and staff performance. Ensures that established policies are enforced.
- Provides and / or ensures patient care according to the plan of care as ordered by the physician.
- Provides timely performance evaluation of personnel.
- Assures regularly scheduled continuing education for personnel and supervises compliance of staff with online learning management courses.
- Provides supervision to direct reports on an on-going basis to ensure compliance
- Assists with staff recruitment to ensure that adequate staffing is maintained. Operates within the staffing model.
- Conducts at least monthly meetings with the medical director. Approves medical director invoices and submits on a monthly basis to the Home Office with appropriate supporting documentation for timely payment.
- Ensures that only qualified personnel are hired. Oversees licensure verification, certification, and credentialing as required by law and policy prior to employment and annually thereafter. On an on-going basis, ensures maintenance of records to support competency of all personnel.
- Adheres to and supports the Episode Management Model within the provider via Episode Management supervision.
- Assures compliance with and ensures timely follow up on daily external vendor clinical edits, outcome support, and coding edits.
- Acts as a liaison between staff, patients, and upper management to ensure information is shared appropriately among the Company team.
- Ensures that all services are billed as per federal, state, and Company guidelines as provided to the proper payer source.
- Ensures adequate staffing of agencies, as well as adequate staff education on an initial and on-going basis and staff evaluations on a new hire and annual basis.
- Implements and maintains an effective budgeting and accounting system on an annual basis. Provides input to the budgeting process as appropriate.
- Oversees an effective QAPI program ensuring improvement plan execution and follow-up.
- Serves as a member of the Management Team, QAPI Team, and other committees as assigned within designated timeframes. Participates in annual strategic agency planning.
- Reviews weekly Operations Spreadsheet, weekly Metrics Report, and weekly Productivity Report to ensure the organization is on target with budget goals. Follows up as needed.
- Oversees weekly reports, including claims alert, late EMS, unverified services, and orders audit, to ensure timely and accurate billing and payroll.
- Supervises the maintenance and accuracy of patient care and employee records.
- Performs staff conferences as needed and mandatory in-services, including but not limited to monthly staff/safety meeting.
- Acts as Emergency Coordinator during emergencies ensuring appropriate plan execution.
WHAT LANDS YOU THIS ROLE:
- Licensed RN with at least one (1) year of experience and OASIS assessments experience in a skilled home healthcare agency
- Must have experience managing a skilled home health agency
- Minimum of Associate’s degree
- Current CPR certification required
- Current Driver’s License and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.