LOCATION: Seminole County (FL)
Join an industry-leading national provider of in-home health services providing a high quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. From home health and hospice care to long term acute care and community-based services, they are the preferred post-acute care partner of more than 60 leading hospitals and health systems, physicians, and families nationwide. As noted by independent analysts, the company consistently outperforms the industry in the percentage of their locations rating 4 stars or more! With over 750 home health and hospice locations nationwide, the company is experiencing extreme growth and is looking for another member to join their team and help improve the well being of patients and families they serve! This unique opportunity may be your next rewarding career move!
One of its branches located near Oviedo is seeking an experienced Home & Community Based Services RN/Executive Director who is looking to further their career in Home Care and leadership. This position is responsible for the administration of the day to day operations of the community based services (CBS) business line. This includes: coordinating and completing assigned projects to effectively support the immediate and long range objectives of the company, responsible for eligibility and admission of the client and supervision of care provided, implementing and maintaining administrative practices, agency philosophy, goals, and policies which assure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations and enhancing the profitability of the agency. Providing motivation and retention of a qualified staff and assure the quality of services delivered. This position also acts as a liaison with management staff and other departments throughout the agency.
- Ensures that only qualified personnel are hired. Verifies licensure, certification and credentialing as required by law and policy prior to employment and annually thereafter. On an on-going basis, ensure maintenance of records to support competency of all personnel
- Provides and oversees orientation for personnel.
- Assures regularly scheduled continuing education for personnel and supervises compliance of staff with online learning management courses.
- Assists with staff recruitment to ensure that adequate staffing is maintained. Operates within the staffing model.
- Acts as a liaison between staff, patients, the medical community, and upper management to ensure information is shared appropriately among the Company Team.
- Performs staff conferences as needed and mandatory in-services including but not limited to monthly staff/safety meetings.
- Evaluating performance of staff and identifying and implementing methods of professional development as needed.
- Supervises the maintenance and accuracy of patient care and employee records. Ensures compliance to policy.
- Ensures confidentiality and security of client records.
- Oversee staffing requests and the ability to meet employee needs. Taking appropriate action as needed to provide quality service.
- Coordinates admission of all patients.
- Monitors client charts. Updates Plan of Care at least every 3 months to make sure all information is accurate and up to date.
- Inputs client information into CBS System in a timely manner. Makes sure information is complete, accurate, and current.
- Ensures all appropriate and updated employee staffing/scheduling comments are in the computer, including but not limited to DNU (do not use) status.
- Maintains good working relationships with clients and employees.
- Provides supervision to direct reports.
- Responds promptly to all hourly care and insurance case referrals.
- Documents all employee and client related activities in a timely manner.
- Supervises daily office activities to ensure that effective and efficient operations are in place to provide quality service and assist as needed.
- Develops and works within quarterly/annual office budget.
- Participates in orientation and in-services education as needed.
- Reviews weekly operations reports, weekly metrics, productivity and agency financial statements to ensure the organization is on target with budgeted goals. Follows up, addresses issues, and implements action plans as appropriate to meet goals.
- Responds to and effectively deals with client and employee complaints and problems.
- Participates in the QAPI program. Ensures follow-up on any required action plans.
- Accessible and available during all hours in which services are being provided to clients
- Ensures phones are answered promptly with messages accurately documented and delivered to appropriate staff.
- Responsible for weekly face to face sales calls.
- Case Management of clients/patients as appropriate.
WHAT LANDS YOU THIS ROLE:
- One (1) year of CBS management experience preferred
- Must have home care experience and experience managing a home care agency
- Current driver’s license, vehicle insurance and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation
- Florida licensed RN
- Minimum of Associate’s degree
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.