LOCATION: East Texas (TX)
Are you a proven leader with a strong women’s services background and are looking to join an organization that delivers the perfect combination of excellent patient care with compassion caregivers? Here’s a great opportunity to join a health care system renowned as an innovative leader with a network spanning over 70 acute care hospitals and more than 170 outpatient centers nationwide with more than 100,000 professionals committed to providing high quality care to patients in the communities they serve. Enjoy working for an organization that offers a culture of respect and collaboration attracting some of the best physicians, skilled nurses, and compassionate caregivers, along with extensive resources, comprehensive educational programs, real advancement potential, and a spirit of inclusion and teamwork!
As Director of Women’s Services, this position directs related patient care activities of a nursing unit or multiple nursing units. This includes but not limited to: ensuring staff competency; effective and safe processes in the delivery of care; building collaborative working relationship with other discipline and the medical staff; preparation and implementation of fiscal responsibilities including budget and productivity; and initiation or collaboration with hospital and medical staff in performance improvement. Ensures adherence to Hospital Standards of Conduct and continuous enhancement of quality and patient experience.
- This role provides leadership and support to the senior executive position (CNO) responsible for all nursing and other designated patient care functions/services within the hospital organization.
- The role will assume responsibility for assisting in assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating nursing practice on a multi-unit level.
- Role assumes 24/7 responsibility of Director’s assigned areas.
- The role is accountable to support CNO to ensure high quality, safe and appropriate nursing care, competency of clinical staff, and appropriate resource management related to patient care.
- Active and current registered nurse license in the state of residence or practice as required by law
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven leadership ability and hospital operational ability
- Ability to serve as role model and advocate for the professional discipline of nursing
- Academic degree in nursing; Bachelors or Masters degree strongly preferred
- Must have at least three (3) years of management experience in a hospital environment as a director or manager with strong women’s services background
- Must have experience in Labor & Delivery and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- CPR, ACLS, NRP certifications required
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.