LOCATION: Lafayette Parish (LA)
Enjoy up to a $5,000 sign on bonus with this great opportunity to join an industry-leading national provider of in-home health services providing a high quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. From home health and hospice care to long term acute care and community-based services, they are the preferred post-acute care partner of more than 60 leading hospitals and health systems, physicians, and families nationwide. As noted by independent analysts, the company consistently outperforms the industry in the percentage of their locations rating 4 stars or more! With over 750 home health and hospice locations nationwide, the company is experiencing extreme growth and is looking for another member to join their team and help improve the well being of patients and families they serve! Looking for advancement in your career and an opportunity to work in a clinical setting? This unique opportunity may be your next rewarding career move!
- Environment conducive to higher level of clinical care
- Lower patient volume leading to Quality vs. Quantity
- Clinical setting in brand new facility with new equipment and technology
- Excellent compensation package including 401k with match and medical benefits
- 18 Beds
As Director, this position is responsible for coordinating, planning and evaluating services in responsible areas utilizing participative management skills. Maintains responsibility for the deployment and enhancement of human and material resources. Facilitates the delivery of quality resident care through the skilled nursing staff. Contributes to the Transitional Care Unit (TCU) through support of the philosophy and objectives of the hospital.
- Holds around-the-clock 100% accountability for the management of clinical nursing practice and resident care on a daily basis, including safe resident care, staff attendance, and all functions regarding resident care.
- Oversees all aspects of daily operations of Transitional Care Unit. Able to function as a Charge Nurse and provide direct resident care as needed.
- Daily oversight of all direct care employees, social services, MDS staff, Activities coordinator, and all TCU programs (Activities, Dining, Restorative, etc.)
- Oversee and coordinate care with contracted staff (dietary manager, housekeeping, pharmacy, etc..).
- Supervises the functions, activities, and training of all nursing personnel
- Ensure that duties of all nursing personnel are clearly defined and assigned in accordance with the level of education, preparation, experience, and licensure;
- Implements changes necessary for the clinical departments involved to maintain and improve quality resident care.
- Ensure that each nurse on staff is properly licensed and abides by the standards for care established by the organization and state and federal laws.
- Ensure that unlicensed personnel abide by the standards for care established by the organization and state and federal laws.
- Assumes accountability for remaining current on standards of care as established by CMS, The Joint Commission, etc. and promotes compliance on a daily basis.
- Monitors complaint reports for allegations of potential abuse or neglect, or the loss or misappropriation of resident property, participates in these investigations, and promptly reports such occurrences to Administrator for appropriate action.
- Participates in all admission decisions ensuring that the resident’s clinical needs can be met at the hospital.
- Ensures that daily resident assignments are commensurate with the level of education, training, and demonstrated competencies of personnel.
- Ensures nursing personnel use the nursing process in managing resident care and ensures continuity from admission through discharge.
- Participates in daily and weekly interdisciplinary team meetings to discuss resident status, census changes, pending admissions, discharges, etc.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing staff, and monitors staff practices and implementation.
- Ensure that all areas of resident education are being addressed, and that the resident’s and family’s educational needs are being met.
- Performs rounds to observe care and to interview staff, residents, families and physicians.
- Monitors staff for compliance with OSHA mandates and facility policies on workplace safety.
- Monitors the nursing budgeted FTE level, and makes changes according to the acuity of the residents and the needs of the hospital on a daily basis.
- Is accountable for the management of nursing personnel functions, seeks to recruit and retain an appropriate mix of qualified, competent, nursing personnel as needed.
- Develops a plan for the nursing department that focuses on the provision of high-quality, cost-effective care for the resident that is consistent with the hospital’s strategic plan.
- Establishes, implements, and monitors the infection control program which is designed to prevent the development and transmission of disease and infection.
- Prepares and reviews infection control surveillance reports to identify trends and to develop effective actions to control and prevent infections.
- Provides written quarterly reports to the medical staff in regards to infection prevention and control process and quality issues.
- Reports mandatory quality and infection control data to the appropriate regulatory body within the required timeframes.
- Collaborates with Administrator and the Interdisciplinary Team in the development and implementation of Performance Improvement measures.
- Monitors, tracks, and trends Performance Indicators as applicable. Collects data and makes recommendations based on results.
- Supervises and directs all activities of the Social Service Department as assigned by the Administrator.
- Supervises and directs all activities of the Respiratory Therapy Department as assigned by the Administrator.
- Acts in an administrative capacity in the absence of the Administrator.
- Current RN license in state of Louisiana
- Current CPR
- ACLS certification within 90 days of hire
- Two (2) years of management experience preferred
- Involvement in budgetary processes, personnel management, and infection control practices
- Well versed in CMS Long Term Care and Skilled Nursing Regulatory Standards
- Experienced in MDS
- Minimum of Associate’s degree
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.