LOCATION: St. Clair County (MI)
We are assisting a client in their search for a seasoned Director of Nursing (DON) to manage a 170+ bed Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation center rated 4-star in staffing. The DON will manage the facility’s nursing program in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, applicable State and Federal regulations, and policies and procedures.
- Rounds on unit at least once daily
- Performs general management functions such as hiring, disciplining and evaluating employees.
- Interview and hire new nursing staff.
- Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address resident care issues.
- Review time sheets for accuracy before payroll.
- Manages the Nursing Department with the goal of achieving and maintaining the highest quality of care possible.
- Develops and manages systems to assure clinical competencies.
- Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating programs that promote the recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of nursing staff members.
- Identification of training needs.
- Initiates studies to evaluate effectiveness of nursing services in relation to their objectives and costs.
- Develops and manages nurse – on call system.
- Develops the department budget for approval, monitors expenses and stays within budget.
- Investigate and resolve residents/family/employee concerns.
- Ensures that annual competency evaluations and performance reviews are completed in the appropriate time frame.
- Participating in Employee Recognition Program.
- Pro-actively addresses survey and/or standards of care issues.
- Develop and manage staffing schedular system.
- Plans and guides the professional development of nursing staff.
- Ensures that adequate nursing staff are available based on facility/census requirements.
- Collect data to compile reports in a timely manner, and to meet deadlines.
- Participates in facility “Performance Improvement Program.”
- Assures that all clinical protocols and nursing policies and procedures are followed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Assure Pharmacy, dietary, physician consults are followed in timely manner..
- Assumes complete responsibilities for the Center in absence of Administrator.
- Skilled in directing and motivating the workforce.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Knowledge of training techniques for clinical staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the Nurse Practice Act, state and federal regulations policies and procedures regarding nursing standards and delivery of care.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- Valid RN license in Michigan
- Valid CPR certification
- Three (3) years of experience as a Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, or equivalent supervisory nursing experience
- Must have Skilled Nursing/Long Term Care Director experience
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.