LOCATION: Webb County (TX)
Less than a couple of hours away from historic San Antonio, this hospital facility is seeking an experienced RN/Director of Med/Surg to oversee their Medical Surgical and Dialysis Unit with a scope of responsibility of approximately 40 beds. The Director is accountable and responsible for the effective delivery of competent, compassionate, and efficient patient care in the Medical Unit, measured through patient satisfaction and quality survey results. This includes overall direction of clinical, human resources, and financial management. This position reports directly to the Chief Nursing Officer.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Manages and directs the daily operations of the patient care nursing unit to ensure the accomplishment of established departmental goals.
- Plans, delegates, and coordinates patient care to ensure that high quality patient care is rendered.
- Performs the duties of a R.N. as needed.
- Ensures the Hospital Code of Conduct is reflected in all aspects of the department’s operation.
- Demonstrates creativity, intelligence, and discretion in the planning, organizing and coordination of departmental functions.
- Assess a situation, considers alternatives, and chooses the appropriate course of action with few errors.
- Conducts departmental meetings as required.
- Effectively manages personnel conflicts to ensure little interference with work performance.
- Submits documentation, charges, and medical records in a timely manner.
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing Program.
- Required: BSN/MSN RNs – minimum of five (5) years of acute care experience required (prior Dialysis Experience not required)
- Preferred: Two (2) years of Inpatient management or supervisory experience and Dialysis experience is a plus
- BSN degree is highly recommended, but ADN applicants may substitute a combined 12 or more years of acute care bedside nursing experience including 2 years at a supervisory level in lieu of BSN. The Hospital offers tuition reimbursement programs to support career advancement for BSN and MSN related degrees in nursing.
- MSN or masters in related field preferred
- Must have a current license to practice professional nursing in the state for which you are applying (Texas)
- Current BCLS and ACLS upon hire
Sign-on and relocation bonuses are available for eligible applicants! Skype or other Virtual Interviewing Processes (VIP) is available for out-of-town applicants.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.