LOCATION: Riverside County (CA)
Acute care hospital facility is seeking a candidate with hospital/acute care Quality experience to join their team in a 100+ bed acute care hospital that features the largest Women’s Center (Awarded the Blue Distinction for Outstanding Maternity Care) in the region. It is the only hospital in Riverside County to offer pediatric ER Services from Rady Emergency Physicians for children 14 years and younger, an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center, and the da Vinci © Robotic Surgical System performing the region’s first virtually no-scar single site procedures. The hospital was recently awarded an “A” Grade from the Leapfrog Group as having the highest level of patient safety as well as the Top General Hospital Award from Leapfrog (one of only 35 hospitals to earn this distinction nationwide). In addition, the hospital was also awarded the Blue Distinction for outstanding bariatric surgical services.
The Director of Emergency assesses, plans, implements and evaluates delivery of patient care with 24 hour responsibility for total management of the Emergency Department. Provides administrative direction for development and evaluation of all nursing personnel, and maintains operational aspects of the patient care unit in collaboration with support services. Contributes to nursing and the hospital through support of philosophy and objectives, educational and research efforts. Accountable to assure that HCAPS, patient, employee, and physicians satisfaction scores are all in acceptable ranges. Accountable for building and directing teams to improve core measures and other Joint Commission initiatives. Has ongoing dialogue with nurses both one on one and in monthly staff and clinical unit. Is proactive in identifying needs of staff and resolves issues to improve patient care and supports nursing leadership direction. Is a positive reactor assuring new initiatives and practices are followed consistently without bias.
This position will oversee a 32 bed Emergency Room seeing over 5,000 visits/month.
(Additional information will be provided to qualified candidates upon request and receipt of resume.)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field required; Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Five to seven (5-7) years of clinical experience in Emergency as a Registered Nurse required
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of acute care nursing leadership experience in Emergency
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field is required; Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of California
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) or CPR Certification through the American Heart Association
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification through the American Heart Association
- Current Pediatric Life Support (PALS) Certification through the American Heart Association
- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certificate
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.