LOCATION: Monmouth County (NJ)
The Dialysis Hospital Services Nurse (Acute RN) provides specialized dialysis nursing care in our acute hemodialysis unit for patients with renal failure. The Acute RN works in collaboration with all team members to ensure every patient receives the safest care with the highest quality outcomes.
This position is full-time, 4 days/week.
- Prepares and monitors the equipment used for intermittent or continuous hemodialysis and water treatment in the acute setting, including performing quality control checks.
- Performs and provides pre, intra, and post documentation of acute patient assessments.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding patient care delivered.
- Initiates, monitors and terminates dialysis treatments via all accesses in accordance with Company established policies and procedures.
- Administers medications as ordered within the scope of their license and provides documentation of administration and result of medication.
- Accurately receives, transcribes and implements written and verbal orders from physicians.
- Accepts phone lab diagnostic reports, interprets and forwards the information to the physician as necessary.
- Provides and documents patient/family education regarding ESRD and other health concerns.
- Serves as the primary contact for nephrologists and hospital staff caring for the patient, and as a liaison to the chronic unit.
- Knowledgeable of Company guidelines for Occurrence Reports, completes reports accordingly.
- Acts as a preceptor for new staff as assigned.
- Follows institution’s guidelines for administration of blood and blood products.
- A degree from an accredited Registered Nursing Program is required
- One (1) year of dialysis or hemodialysis experience preferred
- Experience in critical care nursing is preferred
- Must possess and maintain a current New Jersey Registered Nurse license
- Maintain certification in CPR
- Live within commuting distance in Monmouth County
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.