LOCATION: Houston (TX)
Outstanding opportunity with an exceptional organization providing caring and compassionate hospice services to patients and families.
The Clinical Supervisor/manager is the leader of the Patient Care Team whose function is to supervise, evaluate and coordinate the various component members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Assures continuity of care for patients/families from admission to discharge or transfer to bereavement.
- Serves as a patient advocate and coordinator for other social services and health-care providers in the community who are involved in the care of the team’s patients.
- Assumes responsibility for the maintenance of patient records from intake through discharge or transfer to bereavement.
- Acts as a resource and mentor for staff for clinical issues, documentation, team problem solving and appropriate customer service behavior.
- Oversees staff and volunteer schedules, scheduling and territory assignments to assure that workload is distributed equitably and that all the staff can meet overall productivity expectations.
WHAT LANDS YOU THIS ROLE:
- Registered Nurse, licensed in the state or ability to obtain.
- BSN or ADN, based on experience, certifications; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two (2) years of successful supervisory experience or equivalent in a health care organization.
- Minimum of 1-2 years hospice and/or home health experience required and/or Home Health Certification
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of primary medical and nursing care, with a working knowledge of oncology nursing and palliative care.
- Basic understanding of the interpersonal dynamics operative within the working relationships of an interdisciplinary health care team, and knowledge of the process of dying and bereavement.
- Proven, verifiable clinical management experience as well as outstanding people management skills across all disciplines of hospice care team.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.