LOCATION: Williamson County (IL)
Enjoy up to an $8,000 sign on bonus with this great opportunity to join an industry-leading national provider of in-home health services providing a high quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. From home health and hospice care to long term acute care and community-based services, they are the preferred post-acute care partner of more than 60 leading hospitals and health systems, physicians, and families nationwide. As noted by independent analysts, the company consistently outperforms the industry in the percentage of their locations rating 4 stars or more! With over 750 home health and hospice locations nationwide, the company is experiencing extreme growth and is looking for another member to join their team and help improve the well being of patients and families they serve! This unique opportunity may be your next rewarding career move!
In one of its branches located in Southern Illinois, this post acute care provider is seeking an experienced RN/Home Health Patient Care Manager to join their team. As the Patient Care Manager, this position serves as a clinical leader for clinical staff in the home health agency as well as an alternate for the Executive Director, if not available. The Patient Care Manager strives to assure regulatory compliance, clinical excellence, adherence to up-to-date Plans of care, and financial and administrative control of agency processes.
The Really Great Things You’ll Be Doing:
- Assist Executive Director with all patient care activities to ensure the delivery of safe, economical and efficient patient care which adheres to relevant standards of accepted nursing, regulatory, medical practice and payer source criteria.
- Assists Executive Director with employment of qualified personnel, verification of licensure or certification as required by law prior to employment and annually thereafter, and certifies and maintains records to support competency of all agency personnel.
- Assists Executive Director with formulation and maintenance of agency policy and procedure manuals that establish and support the highest possible quality of patient care, cost controls, quality assurance and mechanisms for disciplinary action for infractions.
- Assists Executive Director with supervision of the employee health program.
- Assists the Executive Director with assurance of compliance with local, state and federal laws and promotes the health and safety of staff and patients/families as well as the community through problem resolution, complaint investigation, refers impaired staff to appropriate authorities, provides in-services to staff to promote the health and safety of the patient, to familiarize staff with regulatory issues and agency policy and procedures.
- Assists Executive Director with orientation for agency personnel and collaborates with Executive Director on evaluation of agency personnel.
- Assists Executive Director with compliance of regularly scheduled continuing education for agency personnel.
- Assists Executive Director with oversight of care provided by staff promotes the health and safety of the patient.
- Assists Executive Director to validate that agency policies are enforced.
- Assists Executive Director with staff recruitment to ensure that adequate staffing is maintained
- Serves as a member of the Interdisciplinary Group, Quality Assurance Performance Improvement initiatives, Chart Audits and participates in strategic agency planning. Participates in QAPI plan and processes.
- Serves as liaison between agency personnel and administration.
- Provides patient care according to plan of care as ordered by the physician
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality
- Maintains personnel file, completes assigned education modules, and completes applicable in-services.
WHAT LANDS YOU THIS ROLE:
- Must have skilled home health experience with OASIS admissions
- Must have Home Health Clinical Operations/Management experience
- Current RN Licensure in state of Illinois
- Minimum of Associate’s degree
- Current CPR
- Current driver’s license, valid vehicle insurance and access to a dependable vehicle
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.