LOCATION: Saline County (AR)
Join an industry-leading national provider of in-home health services providing a high quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. From home health and hospice care to long term acute care and community-based services, they are the preferred post-acute care partner of more than 60 leading hospitals and health systems, physicians, and families nationwide. As noted by independent analysts, the company consistently outperforms the industry in the percentage of their locations rating 4 stars or more! With over 750 home health and hospice locations nationwide, the company is experiencing extreme growth and is looking for another member to join their team and help improve the well being of patients and families they serve! This unique opportunity may be your next rewarding career move!
The Clinical Director (Registered Nurse) is responsible for overseeing and directing the patient care operations of the home care facility. This includes: coordinating and completing assigned projects to effectively support the immediate and long range objectives of the company; oversight of the eligibility of patients referred to home care services, planning for the services to be provided to patients and supervising their total home health care; implementing and maintaining administrative practices, agency philosophy, goals, and policies which assure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations; enhancing the profitability of the agency; and providing motivation and retention of a qualified staff and assure the quality of services delivered. This position also acts as a liaison with management staff and other departments throughout the company.
- Oversees all patient care services and personnel at the agency to include coordinating referrals and patient care, assuring that patient needs are continually assessed, and assuring the development, implementation, and updates of the patient’s individualized plan of care.
- Supervises the maintenance and accuracy of patient care and employee records.
- Performs staff conferences as needed and mandatory in-services, including but not limited to monthly staff/safety meeting.
- Partners with other team members to ensure agency meets budgeted goals including but not limited to growth, quality, and finances.
- Implements and supervises all patient care activities to ensure the delivery of safe, economical, and efficient patient care, which adheres to relevant standards of accepted nursing and medical practice, to include federal and state regulations, and Joint Commission standards, as well as to ensure compliance with payer source criteria.
- Provides and / or ensures patient care according to the plan of care as ordered by the physician.
- Assists in policy review and revisions as requested to establish and support the highest possible quality of patient care, cost controls, quality assurance, and staff performance. Ensures that established policies are enforced.
- Provides and oversees orientation for personnel.
- Provides timely performance evaluation of personnel.
- Assures regularly scheduled continuing education for personnel and supervises compliance of staff with online learning management courses.
- Provides supervision to direct reports on an on-going basis to ensure compliance.
- Assists with staff recruitment to ensure that adequate staffing is maintained. Operates within the staffing model.
- Serves as a member of the Management Team and QAPI Team according to required timeframes and participates in annual strategic agency planning.
- Acts as a liaison between staff, patients, the medical community, and upper management to ensure information is shared appropriately among the Company team.
- Conducts at least monthly meetings with the medical director. Approves medical director invoices and submits on a monthly basis to the Home Office with appropriate supporting documentation for timely payment.
- Ensures that only qualified personnel are hired. Verifies licensure, certification, and credentialing as required by law and policy prior to employment and annually thereafter. On an on-going basis, ensures maintenance of records to support competency of all personnel.
- Participates in the QAPI plans and processes. Ensures follow up on any required action plans.
- Adheres to and supports the Episode Management Model within the provider via Episode Management supervision.
- Reviews weekly Operations Spreadsheet, weekly Metrics Report, weekly Productivity Report, and agency financial statements to ensure the organization is on target with budgeted goals. Follows up, addresses issues, and implements action plans as appropriate to meet goals.
- Assures compliance with and ensures timely follow up on daily external vendor clinical edits, outcome support, and coding edits.
- Oversees weekly reports, including claims alert, late EMS, unverified services, and orders audit, to ensure timely and accurate billing and payroll.
- Acts as Emergency Coordinator in the absence of the Executive Director/Alternate Executive Director during emergencies ensuring appropriate plan execution.
WHAT LANDS YOU THIS ROLE:
- Current Arkansas state RN license
- Current CPR certification
- Must have more than two (2+) years of skilled/certified home health agency leadership experience including Medicare OASIS assessments
- Minimum of Associate’s degree
- Current driver’s license and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.