LOCATION: Oakland County (MI)
We are assisting a client in their search for experienced Case Managers to join their team in their facility near Detroit. The primary functions of a Hospice RN Case Manager are to administer skilled nursing care for clients of all ages in their place of residence, coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, patient/family and referring agency; and assumes the responsibility for coordination of care.
• Initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the impact of the terminal disease on the patients physical, functional,
psychosocial, and environmental needs and ADLs, i.e., risk for grief, cultural and spiritual, verbal and non-verbal
• Implement the individualized POC and recommend revisions to the plan as necessary
• Collaborates care amongst patient/patient caregiver, physicians and healthcare professionals
• Consult with and educate the patient and family regarding disease process, self-care techniques, end-of-life care, nutrition
and dietary needs
• Provide training to other staff as needed
• Initiate appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures
• Prepare clinical and progress notes that demonstrate progress toward established goals
• Attend Inter-Disciplinary Group (IDG) meeting, coordinate and participate in the patient care planning process,
prioritization of needs and collaborates with IDG to promote coordination of patient care
• Use of case management approach and referring to other services as needed
• Inform physician and other personnel of changes in the patient’s needs and outcomes of intervention, while evaluating
patient/family response to care
• Determine scope and frequency of services needed based on acuity and patient/family needs
• Assess ability of the caregiver to meet the patient’s immediate needs upon admission and throughout care
WHAT LANDS YOU THIS ROLE:
• Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing
• Current State license as a Registered Nurse
• Current State Driver’s License
• Two (2) years of experience as a Registered Nurse in a clinical care setting, hospice or home health preferred
• Experience in EMR a plus
• Specialized skills preferred in palliation and end-of-life
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.