LOCATION: Franklin County (OH)
(Same opportunity is available in Marion County, OH)
Seeking an experienced Home Care Case Manager Nurse who is willing to travel on a daily basis to meet with patients and families. This position is responsible to the Director of Professional Services, Patient Care Coordinator to provide nursing care and case management to Patients and families. Implements nursing interventions and coordinates the Patient/family interdisciplinary plan of care. Supervises personnel to deliver care and coordinates care delivery. This position requires traveling to the patient’s home where they call home and there is an on-call rotation to this role as well.
Essential Job Functions: Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or is a logical assignment of the position.
• Manages a Patient and family caseload which includes assessing, planning, implementation, evaluating and documenting the care provided.
• Plans, coordinates and delivers nursing care to Patients and families.
• Supervises and documents home health aide/licensed practical nurse plans of care and documents supervisory visits.
• Participates in on-call coverage.
• Submits paperwork in a timely manner and updates and maintains Patient medical records.
• Participates in regularly scheduled interdisciplinary team meetings to coordinate the care of the Patient and family, exchange information and problem solve, and receive staff support and education.
• Applies the policies and procedures of the agency and the rules and regulations of Federal and State regulatory agencies and other certifying agencies in providing care.
• Coordinates and develops Patient/family plan of care and ensures the care plan is current, up to date and reviewed at every team meeting.
• Assesses & evaluates Patient’s level of care, needs and requirements.
• Participates in agency quality assessment performance improvement (QAPI) programs.
• Ensure growth & profitability of the company through the responsible use of company resources and educating the community to our services.
• Assesses the Patient’s response to the Plan of Care and recommends changes as needed.
• Meets or exceeds established productivity standards.
• Provides education to the Patient/family regarding the disease process, self care techniques, prevention strategies, rehab nursing procedures and community resources for discharge planning
• Initial and ongoing comprehensive assessment of patient’s needs including Outcome and Assessment Set (OASIS) at appropriate time sets.
• Evaluating Outcomes of Care.
• Provide counseling to Patient/family regarding disease process, end of life and ethical issues.
• Willingly accepts direction from Director of Professional Services/PCC.
• Participates in community programs and committees, as requested.
• Supervises LPN/LVNs, home health aides and paraprofessionals providing services to the patient according to regulatory guidelines.
Additional information will be provided to qualified candidates.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state and in good standing with the Board in which he/she will practice
- Associate’s degree
- Ability to manage Patient care with specific knowledge and experience in bedside nursing, symptom management, crisis intervention and family intervention
- Ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision making abilities
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with the Patient and family
- A minimum of six (6) months institutional nursing experience within the past 3 years, unless state regulations differ. The Director of Professional Services or Administrator may waive this experience requirement based upon a personal interview.
- Registered Nurses providing skilled intervention for PASSPORT Patients must have two (2) years of experience as an RN
- Comfortable being on call
- Comfortable with daily travel
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; Walking, standing, talking, hearing, pushing, fingering, reaching, seeing, stooping, smelling, depth perception, color vision, driving
- Necessary on a daily basis; 100%
- Patient’s home/living facilities.
- Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection, illness, and physical contact from disruptive Patients.
- Must be flexible to accommodate completion of tasks, patient’s needs and referrals.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.