LOCATION: Houston (TX)
We are assisting a client in their search for dynamic RNs with hospice experience to join their hospice care team. Enjoy great benefits, competitive salaries, outstanding leadership, and corporate support.
The Admissions RN is a registered nurse and an Interdisciplinary Team member whose primary responsibility is to present hospice services and philosophy to patients and families in a manner that results in the admission of appropriate patients.
- Participation in the information gathering, analysis, education and form completion aspects of the admissions process
- Evaluate patients for hospice appropriateness, e.g. medical records review as requested.
- Obtain agreement for admission of referred patients and families who meet admission criteria.
- Analyze data collected by the LPN to facilitate/obtain admission orders
- Build effective referral source relationships to support the high quality and responsiveness expectations.
- Maintain clinical and professional competence.
- Take the initiative in developing effective relationships internally with the appropriate admissions and patient care resource persons.
- Utilize interpersonal skills to help appropriately educate and address any questions the patient and/or patient’s family has concerning hospice and palliative care.
WHAT LANDS YOU THIS ROLE:
- Degree in Nursing
- Valid RN License in the state
- At least one (1) year of hospice or home health experience (required)
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Hospice and/or Home Health Electronic Medical Records / EMR Software Experience is a PLUS!
- Proven ability to manage a fast-paced, independent work schedule
- Knowledge of the principles of the intake, admission, and transition to care process with the ability to further develop skills in these competency areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and families, physicians, referral sources and colleagues.
- Knowledge of clinical manifestations of diseases and ability to develop Hospice specific clinical knowledge.
- Ability to use the company information system and mobile technology platforms.
- Reliable means of transportation.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.