LOCATION: Morgan County (CO)
Enjoy up to a $10,000 sign on bonus and join an industry-leading national provider of in-home health services providing a high quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. From home health and hospice care to long term acute care and community-based services, they are the preferred post-acute care partner of more than 60 leading hospitals and health systems, physicians, and families nationwide. As noted by independent analysts, the company consistently outperforms the industry in the percentage of their locations rating 4 stars or more! With over 750 home health and hospice locations nationwide, the company is experiencing extreme growth and is looking for another member to join their team and help improve the well being of patients and families they serve! This unique opportunity may be your next rewarding career move!
In one of its branches located in Morgan County (CO), this post acute care provider is seeking an experienced Home Health Physical Therapist to join their team. This position is responsible for the assessment and evaluation of patient care needs related to functional status/mobility, endurance/stamina, pain and other medical conditions. Based on this assessment and evaluation, the Physical Therapist works to help determine a treatment plan, performs interventions aimed at improving and enhancing the patient’s well-being, and evaluates the patient’s progress. In addition, the Physical Therapist:
- Evaluates the patient’s functional status and physical therapy needs. Assists the physician in the development of the therapy plan of care.
- Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by the state laws governing the practice of physical therapy, in accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the health care team.
- Observes and reports the patient’s response to treatment and any changes in his/her condition to the supervising nurse and/or the physician.
- Treats patients to relieve pain, develop and restore function, and / or maintain maximum functioning using acceptable standards of practice.
- Instructs and informs participating members of the health care team, the patient, and the family/caregivers regarding the plan of care, functional limitations, and progress toward goals.
- Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per Company policy.
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the PT plan of care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
- May supervise home health aides in lieu of an RN, if physical therapy is the only skilled service being provided and if allowed per state regulation.
- Provides supervision of the PTA as per Company policy.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary report on patient’s condition at least every 60 days.
- Provides in-service education as requested by agency leadership.
- Adheres to Company Policy Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of services to all patients.
- Must have more than one (1+) year of Physical Therapist experience in skilled/certified Home Health including Medicare OASIS Assessments
- Current Physical Therapy licensure in state of Colorado
- Doctorate degree from an accredited Physical Therapy program
- Current CPR certification required
- Must have a current driver’s license and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.