LOCATION: Yuma County (AZ)
Enjoy up to a $10,000 sign on bonus with this great opportunity to join a hospital facility utilizing clinical outcomes to assess and improve their treatment interventions and programs. The hospital participates in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help them continually analyze and improve their patient outcomes. Helping you become a better therapist is critical to their success! You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full-time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists, and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
The Physical Therapist provides physical therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
– Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
– Requires competency in physical therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning, and treatment.
– Requires task delegation and supervision of physical therapist assistants and technicians.
– Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met. The Physical Therapist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Who will you treat? Typically, our therapist can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients treating a wide clinical caseload such as stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home. You will use standard and advanced therapy technologies- depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Auto Ambulators, Bioness, Interactive Metronome, Hand Mentor, SmartStep, Anodyne, Wii, and CAPs may be available.
- Must be in possession of current Physical Therapist state license or certification on or before the first day of employment
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by Company policy
- Successful completion of a degree from an accredited Master’s degree program or accredited Bachelor’s Degree program plus sufficient experience in the field
- Less than one (1) year of experience
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
To attract and retain the best professionals, the facility offers a comprehensive and competitive Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.