LOCATION: Hillsborough County (NH)
Bringing 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide, come and join a company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience, and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Be a part of a team delivering the perfect combination of excellent patient care with compassion and enjoy working for an organization that offers a culture of respect and collaboration and a spirit of inclusion and teamwork. At the same time, enjoy a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
As Patient Access Manager, this position is responsible for leading all daily Patient Access operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in preparation for both short and long range planning recommendations for all Registration Process areas including: pre-service and point-of-service financial clearance activities and Patient Access functions. Actively practice budget/cost management.
- Develop and implement action plans as identified.
- Manages all operational metrics to ensure the department meets client and company goals including, but not limited to Service Level Agreements and budgetary guidelines.
- Consistently manages staffing activities in areas of responsibility. This includes documentation and identification of needs, selection of staff, wage/salary activities, orientation and training. Grow/Mentor supervisors and ensure staff engagement and commitment to strategy, mission and goals. Communicate proactively and positively with direct supervisor to ensure personal growth in knowledge and skill set.
- Enforces departmental policies, practices, procedures and work rules in accordance with approved hospital policies and assists in the development of new policies according to hospital and corporate guidelines.
- Consistently communicates appropriate information to staff and provides feedback to Director and CFO. Communicates deficits and problems to supervisor with recommended solutions for improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- 3-5 years of Health Care Supervisory experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of relationship between Admitting, Clinical Areas, Financial Areas, and pre-service and point-of-service financial clearance activities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems in Health Care Information System
- Clear understanding of Revenue Cycle Management and Regulatory Agencies required
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications.
- Strong knowledge and ability to drive operational metrics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hospital Work Environment
- Must be available to work hours and days as needed based on departmental/system demands
- Must be “on-call” as needed
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.