LOCATION: Coos County (OR)
A 150-bed, acute care, Level III trauma center, Joint Commission accredited regional hospital located on the beautiful southern Oregon coast is seeking an experienced RN/Director of Surgical Services to join their team. Enjoy excellent benefits package and competitive wages along with a great work-life balance. Coos Bay offers an extraordinary quality of life, attracting many future residents and businesses to the area offering an abundance of outdoor recreational activities, a world-class golf resort, educational opportunities and state-of-the-art medical facilities. With the ocean just a few miles away, the bay, and abundant coastal rivers and forests, you can enjoy great fishing and other great water activities.
As Employee Health Nurse Practitioner, this position provides leadership and supervision to the Occupational Health department. The Family Nurse Practitioner is a licensed, independent practitioner who is responsible for managing health problems and coordinating health and wellness programs for the Hospital employees and their dependents in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and within the nursing standards of care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides quality care for patients including interviewing, examining, assessing, evaluating, prescribing and/or treating patients and employees within the NP scope of practice and knowledge base
• Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs
• Orders, prescribes and dispenses pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities as allowed by state and within scope of practice
• Counsels patients regarding preventative care, medical problems, exercise, and the use of prescribed medications and treatments
• Completes clear and concise medical history/progress notes for patient chart
• Maintains constant awareness of the legal aspects of Employee/Occupational Health Medicine and demonstrates this in decision and documentation regarding patient care within the NP scope of practice
• Participates with health care team members in facilitating patients and families learning
• Promotes preventative health medicine and/or wellness programs for employees
• Participates in maintaining education materials and resources
• Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability
• Implements interventions to support the patient to manage chronic conditions
• Assists with the provision of care in accordance with facility, state, and federal regulations
• Monitors the effectiveness of interventions
• Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings
• Collaborates with multidisciplinary health team members by making appropriate referrals
• Integrates education, research and management, leadership and consultation into clinical role and functions relationships with nursing peers, physicians, professionals and others who influence the health care environment
• Maintains an in-depth knowledge of NP principles, practices, standards and techniques, and applies this knowledge in accordance with hospital policies and procedures within laws and regulations governing NP practice in the State of Oregon
• Participates on the HR leadership team
• Participates in quality improvement projects as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Maintains confidentiality, thinks and acts independently with minimal supervision
• Maintains regular, consistent and punctual attendance at the assigned job location
• Exhibits the ability to deal effectively interdepartmentally and with the public
• Demonstrates the ability to use a personal computer and various software programs applicable to the position
• Personal responsibility for ongoing educational growth, and collaborating with others to provide solutions for continued patient quality
- Meets criteria for Medical Staff or Allied Health Professional membership and privileges
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a clinic setting preferred
- MSN degree
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.