LOCATION: Riverside County (CA)
Acute care hospital facility is seeking a candidate with hospital/acute care Case Management or Utilization Review experience to join their team in a 100+ bed acute care hospital that features the largest Women’s Center (Awarded the Blue Distinction for Outstanding Maternity Care) in the region. It is the only hospital in Riverside County to offer pediatric ER Services from Rady Emergency Physicians for children 14 years and younger, an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center, and the da Vinci © Robotic Surgical System performing the region’s first virtually no-scar single site procedures. The hospital was recently awarded an “A” Grade from the Leapfrog Group as having the highest level of patient safety as well as the Top General Hospital Award from Leapfrog (one of only 35 hospitals to earn this distinction nationwide).
The Manager, Care Coordination (Case Management or Utilization Review) supervises, facilitates, and coordinates the Care Management system. This includes all the activities of the Case Managers and Social Workers. The position evaluates the patient care outcomes as well as the financial outcomes this system impacts. This position collaborates with all hospital departments within the Health System: medical staff, Home Health Care/Hospice agencies; durable medical equipment companies; nursing homes; and others to assure patient care coordination is efficient, of high quality and cost effective. He/she is responsible for the operational functions of the department including staffing, scheduling, performance management and financial/productivity. This position assists in teaching others how to analyze patient care data and how to present it to reach the goals of the organization. He/she follows Service Excellence standards and assures that these standards are followed by the department’s associates.
- Demonstrates well developed problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Demonstrates knowledge of principles of utilization management and care coordination
- Computer skills in word processing
- Three (3) years’ experience in acute hospital, with experience in Case Management or Utilization Review
- Three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory role, preferably leading RN Case Managers and Social Workers
- Completion of an accredited Registered Nurse Program preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- Current California Registered Nurse License preferred
- CPUR, CPUM, CCM or other national certification in Utilization Review or Case Management preferred
- LCSW preferred
This opportunity offers the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within the Company and its Subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.