LOCATION: Dallas (TX)
Seeking experienced Home Health LPNs to join a team of caregivers who strive to help patients recover safely and independently in the environment they feel most comfortable in their home. Caregivers work with the patient’s physician and provide care planned specifically for the patient’s needs, designed to help them take control of their treatment, prevent future declines in their health and improve their safety at home. Clinicians visit the patient’s home to deliver customized, physician-prescribed care after a hospital stay, illness, or injury to help them rehabilitate and achieve an optimal level of independence or to proactively manage chronic conditions to help prevent avoidable hospitalizations.
The Home Health LPN, under the supervision of a registered nurse, administers nursing care for clients in their place of residence, coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, clients, and their families, and the referring agency.
Patient Population: Has contact with patients of all ages in a clinical setting; understands and demonstrates appropriate behavior when interacting with patients in all populations.
- Promote /exemplify Company mission, vision and values at all times.
- Under the direction of the RN, assist in identifying the client’s physical, psycho social and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical record, case conference, team report, and evaluations.
- Participate in planning and implementing care in conjunction with the RN, in accordance with the Plan of Care (POC). Assists clients in the recovery or maintenance of life functions; prevent illness and relapse of illness.
- Provide care utilizing infection control measures that protect both client and staff (OSHA).
- Assure the continuity of care through delivery of quality patient care.
- Provides effective communication to clients, their families, team members, and other health care professionals, and regular participation in Case Conference/Team Meetings.
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payers.
- Completes appropriate documentation in a timely manner to assure compliance with company policy.
- Demonstrates commitment and professional growth by participating in in-service programs and maintaining/improving competency.
- Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the Agency/licensing board.
- At least one (1) year of experience as an LPN in a clinical care setting required; prefer one (1) year of Home Health experience
- Experience working in Private Duty settings
- Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice
- Ability to work in a patient’s home with various conditions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrates proven decision making skills
- If required to make visits, Hepatitis profile
- Must read, write and comprehend English
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing Program
- Current LPN license in good standing to practice as an LPN in any/all applicable states
- Current CPR certification
- Current driver’s license in good standing
Ongoing employment as an LPN requires maintenance of a valid LPN license in the state which the nurse practices in and a valid CPR certificate at all time. It is the responsibility of the employee to renew these both before they expire in order to continue employment.
- Prolonged standing/walking required.
- The ability to lift/transfer up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to meet deadlines and patient needs, make quick decisions and allocate resources under stressful conditions.
- Meet patient/family individualized psycho social needs.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Works in patient’s home in various conditions.
- Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids and infectious diseases.
- Some exposure to unpleasant weather; PRN emergency call.
- Ability to travel locally and work a flexible schedule.
- Reliable transportation and auto liability insurance
- Manual blood pressure cuff
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.