LOCATION: Montgomery County (PA)
This 200+ bed facility offering an extensive range of health services including inpatient and outpatient, medical and surgical, and diagnostic and emergency care, to name a few, is seeking an experienced Medical Technologist (ASCP) to join their team. With over 260 physicians representing 40 medical specialties, the hospital serves the healthcare needs of residents in Montgomery County and its surrounding areas, while continuously striving to exceed patient expectations in delivering compassionate, safe, and quality patient care.
Hours for this role: 2:30pm-11pm or 10:30pm-7am (every other weekend and holiday rotation)
- Performs manual and automated routine blood tests.
- Prepares specimens for microscopic examination.
- Operates laboratory equipment including Chemistry/Hematology-analyzers.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of departmental tasks.
- Reports to department supervisor
- Performs diagnostics testing on clinical specimens such as blood, body fluids and urine.
- Performs procedures outlined in departmental manuals.
- Performs Quality Control testing, Competency, Proficiency testing and preventive maintenance of instruments.
- Accountable for accurate test results and significance of results.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Technologist (MT) program
- Medical Technologist ASCP certification is required
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience as a MT or MLT in a clinical laboratory setting
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.