LOCATION: Calhoun County (FL)
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory tests to aid in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Assists in the collection, processing, and analysis of test ordered by a physician. Medical Technologists can recognize interdependency of tests and have knowledge of physiological conditions affecting test results which are used by the physician to determine the presence, extent and possible the cause of disease. Molecular experience is BIG plus not necessary!
1. Utilizes independent judgment in performing both routine and complex laboratory tests using a variety of techniques, instrumentation, and equipment in order to assist the physician in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
2. Exercises professional judgment in order to prioritize and evaluate varying test requests efficiently.
3. Follow procedures for collecting and processing Biological specimens.
4. Performs analytical testing procedures with accuracy and precision.
5. Demonstrates scientific knowledge of testing principles, analytic procedures, and their results allowing for appropriate interpretation in conjunction with disease and physiology. Integrates multiple data to resolve problems.
6. Implements and monitors quality control, new equipment, and/or methods.
7. Performs tasks efficiently and maintains work area.
- Prior work experience in a hospital laboratory setting, including recent experience in multiple laboratory disciplines is preferred.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Experience in Lab, either or both hospital or private (generalist is preferred blend of both experiences)
- Some MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or other science, with successful equivalent experience in a laboratory and have one of the following certificates issued by ASCP or AMT or AAB national certification.
- Must have State required Florida license or applied for a temporary license (need to show proof) in Chemistry, Hematology, Immunohematology, Serology, and Microbiology
- Two or more (2+) years of experience is preferred.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.