LOCATION: Augusta-Richmond County (SC)
Great opportunity to join one of South Carolina’s top ranked hospitals by the Carolina Center for Medical Excellence for its treatment of heart attack, heart failure and pneumonia. With over 250 hospital beds, this acute care facility provides quality health care to the residents of Augusta-Richmond County and its surrounding communities with its emergency medical care, orthopedic surgeries, maternity, and behavioral health services.
Schedule: evenings (2pm-10:30pm) Monday to Friday rotating every third weekend
The Medical Technologist provides examination and test performance on human specimens for purposes of obtaining information for the diagnosis, treatment of monitoring of patients; or for providing information to others who will diagnose and treat patients. Responsible for specimen processing, test performance, and results reporting.
The Really Great Things You’ll Be Doing:
- Performs tests in each assigned area of the laboratory
- Follows hospital policy with regards to critical values and critical tests
- Completes annual competencies
- Completes all assigned continuing education
- Participates in Proficiency testing
- Follows proper procedure for Quality Control in each assigned department
- Troubleshoots instruments, processes, and procedures each time a problem is identified
- Performs instrument maintenance as assigned
- Participates in Laboratory Quality Assurance program
- Attends monthly staff meetings
- Assists with specimen processing to include order entry and registration
- Assist in the evaluation of new instruments or procedures
- Makes decisions based on technical knowledge and training with regard o result quality and validity
- Provides service to our customers both internal and external that is consistent with the mission of the Hospital and the Service Excellence guidelines
WHAT LANDS YOU THIS ROLE:
- Training in a qualified Medical Laboratory Technician or Medical Technology program
- Clinical experience under a licensed Pathologist required
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience. Must be able to demonstrate competency in the area.
- Registered by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or an equivalent registry as a Medical Technologist required
- Bachelor’s degree
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.