LOCATION: San Bernardino County (CA)
Bring your expertise and join a collaborative team dedicated to providing quality care in a small acute primary care facility offering first-rate health care. The hospital provides a wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs. As Laboratory Manager, this position is responsible for all aspects of quality patient care in the Laboratory supervisory role.
Key Result Areas:
- The employee demonstrates accuracy, and reliability, and assumes responsibility for the quality of work performed.
- Follows District rules and regulations maintaining appropriate licensure, certification, and authorization required for employment.
- Follows all infection control regulations and uses standard precautions appropriately.
- Uses proper body mechanics and safety equipment. Performs duties in a safe manner.
- Follows all safety, fire and disaster regulations. Is knowledgeable about hazardous materials and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for chemicals used in the work area.
- Reports safety hazards and injuries immediately to supervisor.
- The employee works independently and requests assistance/direction when needed.
- Assumes responsibility for a clear and orderly work area.
- Dresses appropriately for work assignment as per dress code.
- The employee makes good use of time and resources, and completes works assignments.
- Appropriately and consistently uses the time keeping system and completes corrections in a timely manner.
- Performs work in a cost efficient method. Uses District resources appropriately.
- Meets or exceeds District rules on attendance and tardiness.
- The employee meets or exceeds customer service expectations.
- The employee pursues appropriate training opportunities to learn job related skills, policies and procedures.
- Selects, trains/orients and assigns department staff. Contributes to the development of the District standards of performance, evaluates performance, and initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Develop department goals and objectives, and establishes and implements policies and procedures for department operation.
- Develops and recommends department operating budget in accordance with department goals and objectives and ensures that department budget is used as a guideline for operations.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of department reports. Prepares periodic reports as required.
- Maintains cap workload units established in budget through appropriate staffing patterns according to census on a daily basis.
- Maintains communication, posting interdepartmental memos within 24 hours of receipt, distributing pertinent messages and checking for staff responses.
- Completes orientation checklist with each new employee within 48 hours of hire. Maintains employee profile of each employee, assuring bi-annual renewal of certification and update of task inventory on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains coaching for performance program with all employees submitting performance summary reports annually 2 weeks prior to the employee’s review date.
- Maintains positive demeanor in keeping with patient care philosophy.
- Provides 24-hours a day availability or coverage for departmental supervision.
- Acts as a role model to the Laboratory Staff.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Demonstrates competence in the care of neonatal, infant, adolescent, adult, geriatric and pediatric patients (when/if assigned to these patients) relative to determining each patient’s age-related and other physical, psychological and cultural needs and carrying out patient care activities.
- Participates in hospital/medical staff committee meetings as required.
- Ensures that department(s) operates within or above guidelines established by regulatory/review agencies.
- Quality Management
- Policy and procedure changes are defined and communicated in a clear manner.
- Solicits appropriate information and feedback from internal and external customers to improve the performance of the division.
- Can demonstrate at least one improvement of a department key function that was a result of a CQI process.
- Interdepartmental/intradepartmental conflicts are resolved using a CQI approach.
- Participates as a team member.
- Establishes and maintains productivity standards of patient services delivery consistent with Hospice standards
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 pounds)
- Manual dexterity and mobility..
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
- Occasional standing/walking
- Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment.
- Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
- Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment
- Exposed to infection from disease-bearing specimens
- Exposed to odorous chemicals and specimens
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
- Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases
- Subject to many interruptions
- Bachelors Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Five (5) years of experience; previous supervisory experience
- Requires California licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Required Protective Equipment
- Face Protection
- Lab Coat or Apron
- Non-Sterile Medical Gloves
- Utility Gloves
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.