LOCATION: Forsyth County, NC
With world-class technology, personal connections, and where quality care meets quality service that’s easier to access and understand in every dimension, every time, come and be a part of an integrated system of physician practices, hospitals, outpatient centers, and more – each element committed to delivering a remarkable healthcare experience for patients and their families. Join a cohesive team focused on quality patient care offering great opportunities for your professional growth. Are you seeking a career that will challenge you to never stop short of remarkable? Do you have a passion for providing outstanding patient care in an acute care setting? Do you enjoy working in a team environment that fosters team work, team member engagement, safe patient environment, and community involvement? Do you have the commitment to leverage diversity and inclusion in support of quality care? If so, this is the position you’ve been waiting for and the destination for your professional growth!
As a Certified Histotech team member, this position is responsible for preparing sections of body tissue for examination by a pathologist to diagnose body dysfunction and malignancy. This includes the preparation of tissue specimens of human origin for diagnostic or teaching purposes. The team member will process sections of body tissue by fixation, dehydration, embedding, sectioning, decalcification, micro incineration, mounting and prepares dyes and chemical solutions and processes frozen sections. The team member will also assist in the evaluation of new or modified techniques when required. They will advise and assist in the orientation and training of other personnel on equipment and software as necessary.
- High school diploma required. Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Histotechnician program within the last five years prior to the date of application for examination. Or at least 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of academic credit from a regionally accredited college/university, with a combination of 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry (must include credit hours in both), or an associate degree from a regionally accredited college/university, with a combination of 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry(must include credit hours in both), AND one year full time acceptable experience in a histopathology (clinical, veterinary, industry or research) laboratory in the U.S., Canada or an accredited laboratory* within the last ten years. (*CMS CLIA certificate of registration, compliance, accreditation; AND/OR CAP, AABB, Joint Commission accreditation; OR JCI accreditation; OR Accreditation under ISO 15189.) required.
- Three (3) years of relevant laboratory tech and/or leadership experience including fixation, microtomy, processing, and staining preferred
- Working knowledge of Anatomic Pathology preferred
- HT certification from ASCP required
- All individuals certified ASCP beginning January 1, 2004 must participate and maintain ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) through the Certification Maintenance Program (CMP).
- Knowledge of current medical terminology to perform full range of laboratory tests.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment and testing to perform quality control checks and troubleshooting of instrumentation. Knowledge of medical terminology to communicate with medical staff regarding laboratory procedures and results.
- Skill in performing a full range of laboratory tests.
- Skill in anticipating and reacting calmly to emergency situations. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, hospital staff and the public.
- Ability to read and understand information about instrumentation in laboratory field.
- Ability to follow written protocols. Ability to work independently. Ability to communicate clearly.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.