LOCATION: Coos County (OR)
Join a committed team of doctors, nurses, skilled technicians, and support staff in a hospital whose very important mission is to improve the health of the Coos County community every day. This 120+ bed acute care, Joint Commission accredited regional hospital located on the beautiful southern Oregon coast, is seeking a full time Payroll Supervisor with hospital and leadership experience to join their team. Enjoy an excellent benefits package and competitive wages, along with great work-life balance!
Live on the beautiful southern Oregon coast that offers an extraordinary quality of life, attracting many future residents and businesses to the area with an abundance of outdoor recreational activities, a world-class golf resort, educational opportunities and state of the art medical facilities. With the ocean just a few miles away, the Bay, and abundant coastal rivers and forests, you can enjoy great fishing and other great water activities.
The Payroll Supervisor position supervises and coordinates all payroll related activities utilizing Workday payroll and Kronos Timekeeping.
- Oversees and assists with processing payroll information including time and attendance detail, check distribution and employee record maintenance. Works with HR to accomplish employee record updating to ensure payroll is timely and accurate. Handles escalated employee payroll related questions and concerns.
- Supervise staff ensuring accurate and timely processing of payroll. Assigns duties and examine work for conformance to policies and procedures.
- Ensures the facility complies with all local, state, and Federal regulation and legislation relating to payroll. Also ensure all internal control policies and procedures for payroll are adequate and complied with.
- Maintains Payroll / HR software (Worday/Kronos) used to process payroll and time and attendance data.
- Assists with month end by overseeing the processing of all payroll and labor related journals.
- Maintain positive working relationships with Hospital leadership and communicate in a timely manner to resolve payroll issues.
- Audit employee and leader inputs to ensure proper compliance.
- Serve as back up for other key accounting personnel, including direct reports.
- Assist with special projects as needed by the Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Business, Accounting or other similar field or can substitute experience in lieu of
- Must have 7-10 years of related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certified Payroll Practitioner preferred
- Workday and Kronos experience required
- Practical knowledge of payroll processing & payroll tax practices required
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to effectively present data to peers and senior management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced Excel skills
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.