LOCATION: Coos County (OR)
Enjoy up to a $10,000 sign on bonus with this great opportunity to join a committed team of doctors, nurses, skilled technicians, and support staff in a hospital whose very important mission is to improve the health of the Coos County community every day. This 120+ bed acute care, Joint Commission accredited regional hospital located on the beautiful southern Oregon coast, is seeking a full time Director of Child Care Center to join their team. Enjoy an excellent benefits package and competitive wages, along with great work-life balance!
As Director of Child Care center, this position is responsible for ensuring the health, safety, and quality of education, for all children within the center’s care. The Center Director is directly accountable for overall operational management in accordance with well-established guidelines, including curriculum development, staff and facilities management, legal and budgetary considerations, and long range planning. The Center Director ensures that the needs of the students and the goals of the center are met appropriately.
Skills & Abilities:
• Flexible, able to prioritize and address multiple responsibilities concurrently
• Strong oral and written communications skills; technology skills
• Ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment
• A strong understanding of child development
• Strong finance and budgeting skills
• Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Maintains regular, consistent and punctual attendance at the assigned job location
• Master’s degree with 2 (two) years’ experience in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Elementary Education, Early Childhood Special Education or related field
• Current clearance from the central background registry
• Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification required upon date of hire
• Annual Mandatory Report/Child Abuse and Neglect training
• Knowledge of USDA CACFP program preferred
• Five (5) years of direct professional experience in an early childhood setting
• Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and job skills required.
• Able to stand, walk, bend, squat, reach, and stretch frequently
• May be required to lift up to 75 pounds
• Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone
• May require periodic use of personal computer
Live on the beautiful southern Oregon coast that offers an extraordinary quality of life, attracting many future residents and businesses to the area with an abundance of outdoor recreational activities, a world-class golf resort, educational opportunities and state of the art medical facilities. With the ocean just a few miles away, the Bay, and abundant coastal rivers and forests, you can enjoy great fishing and other great water activities.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.