LOCATION: Clark County (NV)
Great opportunity to join a 350+ bed hospital offering emergency care, advanced cardiovascular and neurological surgeries and procedures, surgical services, women’s health, comprehensive maternity services, a level III neonatal intensive care unit, and specialty programs in stroke, chest pain, acute inpatient rehabilitation, advanced wound care and hyperbaric medicine with a limb salvage program. In this highly competitive market, the hospital has been top of the growth market over the last 15 years! As a member of a network of six acute care hospitals that provide care for patients throughout Southern Nevada and nearby communities, the hospital is seeking an experienced Director of Cardiovascular Line to join their team. Candidate must have a strong clinical and business development background with a proven track record for managing similar service lines in an acute care Hospital setting.
As Director, this position is responsible for all areas of cardiology, including service line strategic planning, implementation and evaluation, integrating cardiology vision with clinical, operational and growth strategies ensuring to be hospital of choice in the market. Provides collaborative development and oversight of highly organized and effective clinical and strategic operations and quality initiatives in dynamic hospital and clinic environments. Collaborates to guide throughput operations, resources, performance and management of associated departments/clinics directly influencing cardiac care.
- Must have current ARRT Registration or RCIS or have a current RN license in the State of Nevada
- Master’s Degree, Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field
- Must have 8 to 10 years of progressive experience in managing operations in an Operating Room or Cath Lab with at least five (5) years of experience in managing complex process improvement and quality projects in the OR service line
- Experience with ambulatory cardiac care preferred
- Three (3) years of senior level leadership experience with Cardiology in a tertiary facility
- Computer skills with proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Knowledge of Access and Project Management software desired
- Current BLS certification required
- Certification in project management, lean six sigma, quality or related skill set
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/service appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned unit/department.
- Capable of exhibiting strong leadership presence throughout the organization related to all initiatives
- Possesses ability to look beyond scope of individual responsibility to act as a steward of hospital’s resources. Knowledgeable about operational and financial aspects of the health care industry.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
For consideration, please send us your CV/resume in MS Word format only. If there is a viable match, one of our consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
To ensure that our response to your application reaches your INBOX (not your “junk or spam folder”), please add our email address, jobs@VeritasConsultingLLC.com, to your “Safe Senders” list or to your Address Book.
Not the right job or location for you? Still contact us. We have access to hundreds of jobs across the country, many of which are not available on job boards. We welcome the opportunity to represent your talent.